Another Legacy In The SLODRIVE Fleet!

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Another Legacy In The SLODRIVE Fleet!

Post by SLODRIVE »

Here's the latest SLODRIVE Legacy, check it out. We had been talking about picking up another Turbo, and since we already have a modded one to play in the dirt, it needed to be something of a support vehicle as well as Rob's commuter-thus, it had to be a TW.

Here's what we found after some shopping on Craigslist...a black 1992 Touring Wagon LE. 162,000 miles, $1500. The body is nice and straight for the most part...
Interior looks pretty darn nice, save for the missing stereo and mild wear on the driver's seat. Unbelievably, both auto seatbelts work fine. The sunroof doesn't leak, but it hangs up on the (busted) air deflector...no biggie.
Here's the worst part...the tailgate and rear bumper are pretty mashed on the RR corner. Not too bad, we just gotta keep an eye for a black wagon at the boneyards.
The engine compartment is totally stock and complete, thank goodness. There are some small issues: several trouble codes in the ECM, the ABS light is on, the BPV nipple is broken and there's an exhaust leak, along with some brittle wiring. At least it has a new radiator, no fluid leaks, and doesn't smoke or knock. The 4EAT shifts okay, but I have a pull-style 5-speed from the EJ20H in the garage that'll probably go into it soon. Compared to the SS in the driveway, this will be EASY! Eventually we might do the intake/FMIC/exhaust/chip deal, but it'll essentially stay stock...I think. :lol:

Sooo...now we have 5 Subarus, 4 of them 92-93 Legacies (Rob's silver '93 wagon and '04 STi not pictured). We gotta sell Rob's silver wagon right away, and then there'll only be 4 Subies...but 3 of them are turbos, and the 4th one kinda looks like a Turbo!
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Not bad at all!

:)
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

I hear something in my pants.........BOING!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

1998 VW GTi VR6 5MT (SOLD)
1992 SS 4EAT Winestone (minus 2 gears/SOLD)
1994 TW 4EAT Quicksilver (blown up/SOLD)
2007 Legacy SE 5MT Satin White Pearl (Mine now :))
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

damn thats a sexy TW
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

That's a pretty nice service truck if you can get it to tow the car and all the tools and spare parts. Don't start modifying it though or else you'll never finish your other one! I really want to see that wiring harness diagram for the AEM F/IC. Your neighbors must hate you lol.
-Doug Wilson
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Nah, not a tow vehicle, lol...My dually works okay for that. It'll be great for hauling parts/tools and running to the junkyards. My neighbors are okay with all the Subies, and I try to keep them all either in the driveway or right in front of the house. They do probably think it's goofy though. :smt048

The black TW is a happy car now, too. Over the weekend I replaced the uppipe, adjusted the TPS, removed an extra relay someone added, replaced the BPV, repaired the TPS wiring, and checked the VF11 (which is in great shape). It pulls pretty hard now and the tranny works perfectly, so I'll probably leave it alone for now. No promises though!
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-And more!
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Nice, did replacing the BPV seems to make a big difference? Just got mine about to install it.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

ericem wrote:Nice, did replacing the BPV seems to make a big difference? Just got mine about to install it.
I replaced the BPV because the vacuum nipple was broken off, and someone had shoved a vacuum connector in its place. :smt009 Replacing it helped somewhat, but replacing an apparently bad knock sensor helped even more (the car was probably running on the low octane timing map), and changing out the leaky up-pipe also helped substantially (duh!).
-And more!