Test mode connectors WTF!!!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

gijonas
Fourth Gear

Test mode connectors WTF!!!

Post by gijonas »

Ok this is getting old fast.I am buttoning up my car and have just finished my stage 2 chip installation.Now before putting everything back together i wanted to get the test mode connectors pulled down and handy for when they are needed.I found the green connectors but the black ones i dont think exist.I have totally pulled all wiring down short of pulling the dash and have found nothing.I have read that the plugs are T shaped as the green ones i found are,however there are a couple of one wire black connectors that are not T shaped and they reside on the right of the column,which is not where they should be.I assume these are not the ones,They have red and black wires,is this right? are the black connectors T shaped? should they be on the right side?.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Ok i think i figured it out.Seems i was mislead by the FAQ as far as the connector being on the left of the column.Just checked the FSM pin layout and it showed pins 12 and 13 on B56 to the ECU as test connector wires.One is orange which matches the green plug,the other is red and black which matched the black plug...good enough for me.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Mine are green and black. Wonder why yours are non-standard colors.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

My connectors are green and black,i was talking about the wire color itself.

cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

One thing i learned when i was goofing off at frantic four with eric is to put a couple of switches on my dashboard wired up to those two plugs. they are very convenient for use instead of taking the dashboard panel out or reaching up there with a flash light.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Skruyd
Second Gear

Post by Skruyd »

cj91legss wrote:One thing i learned when i was goofing off at frantic four with eric is to put a couple of switches on my dashboard wired up to those two plugs. they are very convenient for use instead of taking the dashboard panel out or reaching up there with a flash light.
Mehh? I never had to take the dash panel off to get to mine. I just stick my head under with a flashlight and I can find them...........That was a bad way to put it but I'm sure you understand what I mean :-D
91 Subaru Legacy SS (Driving) 3"TBE, Vrg FCD, 440cc, HKS Safc, Vf10, ebay FMIC, Jecs
92 Toyota Corolla (fixing then selling)
06 ZZR600
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, the black connectors are not T shaped.

Also, on some of the 92+ newer cars, the black connectors are on the other side of the steering column.

Here's pictures of the connectors for future reference.

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... cuhide.jpg
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Those black ones in that pic look different than the ones i found.I am happy to see the right color wire going to them but find it concerning that they look different that what i have seen so far.The black ones in your pic look similar the the green ones,mine dont.

SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

If your black connectors are on the right side of the column with black/red wires, they're the ones you want. That's where they are on both of the '92 Turbos here.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

heh slightly OT... one of the times I was resetting my ECU for the stage 2 chip, I unplugged a black 1 pin connector on the right side of the column. Fired up the car and the check engine light remained on, no unplugged seatbelt warning nor door chime... lol turns out I got the plug for those all in with a single connector! Obviously was the wrong one, which was quickly fixed...

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.