scoop and spoiler

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

should i flat black my scoop and spoiler?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:33 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 4

joeWM
Second Gear

scoop and spoiler

Post by joeWM »

the paint is peeling off my spoiler and the paint on the scoop looks like hell. should i just flat black them?
i think if i did they would match the blacked out grill.
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

I say try it and see how it looks. It's not like it would be too hard to repaint them if you don't like the look.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

SLODRIVE wrote:I say try it and see how it looks. It's not like it would be too hard to repaint them if you don't like the look.
+1
93 White Legacy Turbo Wagon: For Sale-ish
93 White Turbo Sedan: soon with a little more umf
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
ultrasonic
Third Gear

Post by ultrasonic »

Opinion: Flat black might work ok on the scoop, but I don't think it would look good on the spoiler. Therefore, if you're going to repaint the spoiler with the correct paint match you might as well do the scoop at the same time.
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

ultrasonic wrote:Opinion: Flat black might work ok on the scoop, but I don't think it would look good on the spoiler. Therefore, if you're going to repaint the spoiler with the correct paint match you might as well do the scoop at the same time.
recommend any good paint matches?
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
ultrasonic
Third Gear

Post by ultrasonic »

joeWM wrote:
ultrasonic wrote:Opinion: Flat black might work ok on the scoop, but I don't think it would look good on the spoiler. Therefore, if you're going to repaint the spoiler with the correct paint match you might as well do the scoop at the same time.
recommend any good paint matches?
Yeah, get the color code off the info plate attached to the driver's side strut tower under the hood. Take that code, and the parts you want painted, to a body shop.

Or, if you're a DIY kinda guy, have a spray can made up of the proper color, like this:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com

http://www.paintscratch.com

I've never used these, but it might be worth a shot.
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I took the color code from my girlfriend's 2000 honda civic LX and used it to order a can of spray paint and adhesion promoter from paintscratch.com to spray a grill I bought her and it was dead on. Matches perfectly.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson