WTB: good dual port ej22 heads

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

WTB: good dual port ej22 heads

Post by greg donovan »

planning out a project and would love some good dual port ej22 heads for it.

anyone have any?
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

What models did these come on? I have a '90 L that I'm parting out and the heads are off and ready to go if you want them. They have about 140k miles on them. I even have two brand new OEM headgaskets if you need those as well.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

beater_legacy wrote:What models did these come on? I have a '90 L that I'm parting out and the heads are off and ready to go if you want them. They have about 140k miles on them. I even have two brand new OEM headgaskets if you need those as well.
thanks, i think those might work. let me do some research. i might not be buying for a while though. gonna try to find some local first.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

I'll let them go cheap, shipping will be a bit though. Feel free to make an offer.

Thanks,
Brandon
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

I've got some! They are off Josh's (Legacy777) engine. I put my turbo heads on instead, and I have these sitting in the garage. $50? I'll throw in SS sway bars, and rear brakes! I need to get rid of stuff, I don't have enough space!
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Binford wrote:I've got some! They are off Josh's (Legacy777) engine. I put my turbo heads on instead, and I have these sitting in the garage. $50? I'll throw in SS sway bars, and rear brakes! I need to get rid of stuff, I don't have enough space!
what year are those heads? 90 or 91? those are ej22e heads arent they? i dont know much about the engine codes beyond the displacement number and if they are ej or ea.

will they need any work to make them useable on a phaseII ej25 block?

i think i will take all that.

do have any rear lateral links with swaybar brackets?

how long can you hold onto it? we just bought a house and are pretty busy for a bit and kind of tight on cash. just waiting on the first time home buyer tax credit.

now that i have my little impreza wagon i can roadtrip down there anytime after august 2nd. will all that stuff fit in the back of an imp. wagon with the 60 portion of the 6040 seat folded down? i will have to bring my kids with me again more than likely.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

I believe they are '90. They are indeed ej22e heads.

I don't know anything about the swap, but they are completely usable and in good condition. They looked considerably cleaner and shinier than the block, like they've been rebuilt, but I'm only guessing. I believe there was the typical slight valve tick that these engines almost always have.

I should have all parts for the sways.

I can hold for a while, but I'm trying to get my house ready to sell here pretty quick (been saying that for a while now :roll: ) and need to get stuff out of here. A couple weeks is no biggie.

I'm sure everything will fit, no problem.
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Binford wrote:I believe they are '90. They are indeed ej22e heads.

I don't know anything about the swap, but they are completely usable and in good condition. They looked considerably cleaner and shinier than the block, like they've been rebuilt, but I'm only guessing. I believe there was the typical slight valve tick that these engines almost always have.

I should have all parts for the sways.

I can hold for a while, but I'm trying to get my house ready to sell here pretty quick (been saying that for a while now :roll: ) and need to get stuff out of here. A couple weeks is no biggie.

I'm sure everything will fit, no problem.
great. i will get in touch with you when i have a better idea of when i can pay you and pick the stuff up. hopefully wont be longer than 2 weeks from this friday.

good luck when you sell. moving sucks. we are almost done.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan