my "new" 93 impreza

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

my "new" 93 impreza

Post by greg donovan »

just picked up a 93 impreza wagon. 4EAT with AWD and a ej18. it has about 200,000 miles on it and just purrs along. doesnt get MPGs as great as i thought it would. however, that is probably because i am driving it like it is my old T-Leg. :o

here it is before i picked it up:

home and ready for some new fenders:

sure is a lot smaller than the legacy:

testing out "the look":

my friend's efforts to stop the decay:
they are pieces of the old fenders stuck on with body adhesive.

here is the car's "good side":

at least one fender matches!:

got sick of seeing the crappy bent up and rusty 14" steelies. so i slapped the gold 98 RS wheels on there.:

it is amazing what a couple more inches of shiney gold aluminum can do for the look of a car. before it was very top heavy and out of balance. now it acutally has a "footprint". aside from some colors in the silver, brown and grey shades i cant think of a subaru that doesnt look good with gold wheels.

i was going to swap to the 97+ front end and repaint it white, however, after driving it for a while the old front and color have really grown on me. i do want to swap on a 99 RS bumper and beam with some nice fog/driving lights in there. i will eventually swap my agxs and legacy turbo springs over to this car. probably convert to some Ground Control coil overs at some point.

power plans are a "High Compression Frankenstein" ej25 shortblock with ej22 heads. probably add some headers and the STi axle back i have sitting in my garage. maybe swap in the ej22t at some point (once i get that refreshed).

not sure if i am going to swap out the AT or not. i am sort of enjoying not having to shift right now.

i want to fix more of the rust and give the car a fresh new coat of agean blue.

will be converting to legacy sport sedan brakes all around later on. will also be adding a rear sawy bar (it doesnt have one) and some new bushings all around. i also have some GN engine mounts that need a car to be put onto as well. i think i might steal the perrin crank pulley of the wife's car too for this one. the ej18 needs all the help it can get.

windows need tinting badly as well as some sort of spoiler on the back. i like the dual spoilers from the OBS. might try to find a replica GF8 STi spoiler for up top. needs some RS sideskirts and some big rally mudflaps on there instead of the wimpy molded ones. the bigger tires really over power them on this car.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

i had the same thing... only with lots more rust.

its the one in the middle right.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

i love the bare roof on my little L it looks so clean. but it really needs a spoiler back there to finish off the lines.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan