urabus's subarus

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

urabusturbo
First Gear

urabus's subarus

Post by urabusturbo »

I am a longtime lurker here but I became inspired to share some pics today after some recent progress on my Legacy. My Legacy started as an auto but it has been swapped to a 4.11 and i have upgraded the turbo to a vf34 with a wrx top mount. After a collision with a deer last summer i have replaced the front pan, power steering pump, headlights, grill, bumper,hood, fenders, radiator, timing belt+pulleys, waterpump, and timing covers. It needed some bodywork in other places as well. In the meantime I drive a 00 2.5rs that is stock minus the 17" wheels and Kumho Ecstas. I also have an 86 Brat that has been lifted 3". it also has the 6 lug conversion and has rear disc brake conversion done to it. here are a bunch of pics
when I bought it, bone stock with a blown auto for $450 :D :D :D
during the swap
at its first auto-x
vf34>vf11
ass shot of the Brat and Lego
old torn mount vs new group N mount
some of the damage from deer incident
dirty interior
dirty exterior
Brat wheeling
The gold rotas are for the Legacy
pics from today after some bodywork and re-assembly
93 Legacy L- FPgreen, 6 speed, Built motor, hydra, etc
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
LostinMaine
In Neutral

Post by LostinMaine »

nice shots! especially the one with the facemelter at the auto-x that looks like from a few years ago!

nice to see your making progress, hope to see you out at an event some time (ill be the crazy kid strapped into the formula vee with a giant grin on his face)
Co Founder of MaineSubies.com

91 SS, in need of some major TLC (work in progress)

Im lost in Maine, but ill find my way out eventually
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

I think i know that Brat!? do i know you lol.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

you may be confusing me with a very similar Brat from up around Wadoboro. You should join Mainelysubarus.com it is a great community of subie nuts, and there are only a couple t-legos on there so far...
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Oh yeah,i know jason from waldoboro.Thats the one i was thinking.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
LostinMaine
In Neutral

Post by LostinMaine »

yeah mainly is a great local forum, and i will soon be joining the t-leg ranks :-) just sold the audi tonight!
Co Founder of MaineSubies.com

91 SS, in need of some major TLC (work in progress)

Im lost in Maine, but ill find my way out eventually
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

sweet pics!

I also hit a deer and had to do the same reconstruction to the front end on my 92
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
urabusturbo
First Gear

Re: urabus's subarus

Post by urabusturbo »

It has been almost a year since I updated this page. lately I have been upgrading the SS with the help of Mikey Meyagi (crazy maroon wagon).It now has an EBAY fmic, coilovers, 2.5 DOCH heads on the 22t, kartboy shift bushings, and a bunch of other minor cosmetic changes. These pix are in no particular order.
at wicked big meet (1000+ Subaru enthusiast there and I could count all the first gens on one hand :lol: )
ImageImage
good/better/best
still rocking the RS DD (slow)
Still got the Brat too (really really slow)
clearly i don't give a damn about restoring it, Its currently sitting in my woods with a broken ball-joint, bent control arm, and torn apart axle. :roll:
Im saving for a new tranny (my third one :evil: ) Mine has a semi busted clutch fork, I need tuning and tires as well. I never expected to get the car to this point but its too fun to stop now.
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

that thing is gonna look mint with the gold rotas.....Need more boosts now!
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

An EJ22 would really liven up the BRAT! If I found an 83/4 hardtop, I'd do the swap.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

I was bored today so I played with my grinder and hacked some RS hood vents into my hood plus painted the scoop white
I might paint the scoop black again, I got pretty used to it that way and now I sorta miss it
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

haha damn that came out awesome!
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
bmxkelowna
Fourth Gear

Post by bmxkelowna »

paint the girll black instead
looks a lot better then a black scoop
urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

I suppose its about time to update this thread. Thanks to Mikeymeyagi being a horrible influence on me and letting me drive his car I had to buy some new parts for mine.
complete 04 Sti 6-speed with Brembos
I also have a Robtuned ecu and bigger injectors ready to go.
I just took this pic from my bedroom window. I hate winter so much and am ready for the snow to go away.

I crashed my RS and parted it out. Im not too upset about it because I was never really into that car. I think the 2.5RS is just a way overrated glorified Impreza. A few weeks before I crashed it I bought the green 96 Legacy L for $200 so that has become the winter beater. I plan on lifting it with the outback suspension. When the weather is better I will fix all the cosmetic crap I can and try to enjoy the car as much as possible. In the five years I have owned this Legacy I have only put about 15-20 thousand miles on it :roll:
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
Rubasu
First Gear

Post by Rubasu »

hey i have a 4inch suspension and 2inch body lift than made all out of 6061 aluminum. i made it for my 97 outback but rolled it before i finished building it, all u would need is new longer bolts.
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)
darkcrave
Second Gear

Post by darkcrave »

Omg Omg, it's like sex

[quote="urabusturbo"]I suppose its about time to update this thread. Thanks to Mikeymeyagi being a horrible influence on me and letting me drive his car I had to buy some new parts for mine.
Tune
TMIC
Fuel
Taillight
n2x4 wrote: Seriously, anything will fit. Subarus are LEGOs.
urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

Rubasu wrote:hey i have a 4inch suspension and 2inch body lift than made all out of 6061 aluminum. i made it for my 97 outback but rolled it before i finished building it, all u would need is new longer bolts.
orly? Its tempting but that sounds a bit higher than I had in mind. I was thinking just the newer outback suspension with slightly larger tires. How much were you looking to get for the kit and do you have any pictures of similarly equipped subies?
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
Rubasu
First Gear

Post by Rubasu »

well u can put up to 27" tires on it, that's the biggest u can go before u have to mod the rear trailing arms. but u don't wan to do that messes up the geometry.

with just putting the outback kit on it u cant go to big on tire size,. but it does bring it up 1" or 1"1/4. nothing substantial. my kit i made for a real aggressive look and high enough to kill a real trail. i did the difference in size on the suspension was to give it more center clearance.

but last i checked u really cant find these that often and the go for around $900. so needless to say i built my own. and there is a lot of time and money but in to this so i couldn't let it go for that cheep. let me know if this appeals to u.
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)
urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

sneak peek at my d.i.y hid projector retrofit project. bi-xenon Morimoto Minis from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ are on the way, but before they go in I am sanding the stupid fluting from inside the lens so my beam pattern is not distorted
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

more, more
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
subaru_styles
Third Gear

Post by subaru_styles »

i thought about sanding the flutting but thought it would have been an impossible task. looks like its not. how big of a bitch was it? also though about vacume forming acrylic lenses
1994 SS "JDM-OEM"

1997 2.5gt wagon, ricebowl, 207 swapped

1999 lifted 2.5gt wagon,"tokyo weekender"

1994 gt wagon, next build

1994 turbo wagon
urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

subaru_styles wrote:i thought about sanding the flutting but thought it would have been an impossible task. looks like its not. how big of a bitch was it? also though about vacume forming acrylic lenses
It was a pretty big P.I.T.A but well worth the effort. I still need to touch up and polish a few small spots bugging me but it looks awesome so far. I plan on painting anything silver or reflective on the inside black and covering the lens with a lightly tinted Lamen-x cover. Here is a pic of the projector test fitted in the housing. It was super easy to install, the retrofit kit is pretty foolproof
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

Car is looking nice man. Seems like everyone 'round these parts gets Mikeymeyagi's help!
1992 Legacy L Wagon 4WD Auto 219K
1994 Legacy SunSport Wagon FWD 249K
1994 Legacy Ti 4WD Wagon 5speed 182K (162K on engine)
1991 Legacy L 4WD Wagon 5speed 202k
urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Hmm I think it would look better with a shade of VHT Niteshades so those projectors don't stick out so much. But it looks decent.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson