FS: 1993 Legacy SS in VA on RS25.com

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

FS: 1993 Legacy SS in VA on RS25.com

Post by dropdfocus »

This was forwarded to me by a fellow DirtyImpreza.com forum member:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f171/t116989 ... -asap.html
I need to find a good home for my 1993 Subaru Legacy Sport AWD 5MT. Complete except for engine. I need to have the Legacy gone by 09/20/2009 or it's going to a junk yard. BEST OFFER. I'm in the Richmond, VA area...anyone interested? Thanks.

Here is some additional information:

1) I’m a huge Subaru fanatic, currently own multiple Subaru’s.
2) I am not the original owner of the Legacy, but it appears that I am the 3rd or 4th. From the CarFax report I purchased when I bought it, the Legacy started out in Maine, then moved to MN and then moved to WI when I purchased it about 4 years ago. I have since moved to VA about 3 years ago. The Legacy has been under a tarp in my driveway and has not been driven since I moved to VA.
3) I purchased the Legacy originally to pull and build the EJ22T for my Impreza. Then I thought about keeping the Legacy as a Rally car. Then I thought about how nice of a Subaru it was and thought about building it into a street/track car. Then I got involved in a frame-up 1977 Datsun 280Z street/track build which is about %99 complete. Now we are moving and my wife is telling me one of my project cars has to go :^)
4) There appears that at some point in the past, the Legacy had a small front-end collision, driver-side wind dam area and the quarter panel by the headlight. Not a huge deal, it looks like someone hit a snow bank. The Legacy drives perfectly fine otherwise. But if you are thinking of a project car, I wanted you to know.
5) The transmission is a 5 speed manual (5MT) and shifts good. The gears are all good but the synchros are on the way out. The transmission will shift without grinding as long as you shift moderately slow. Any sudden shifts and the gears will occasionally grind (usually 1-2 and 2-3).
6) The moonroof glass is good (blue tinted from the factory), the moonroof motor and assembly works perfectly...but the moonroof itself leaks on the front driver side. I think it is just a plugged drain tube, but have not looked into it in detail.
7) The Legacy is Burgundy in color, someone in the past painted the original rims silver, but the tires are almost new.
8) The stereo still works but a previous owner replaced the rear motorized antenna at some point in the past with a manual whip antenna.
9) The fan control in the dash apparently broke at some point in the past and a previous owner wired in a manual switch under the dash. I replaced the under-dash switch with a new switch in the console, so the wiring wasn’t hanging down by your feet.
10) Other than the things listed above, the Legacy is in great shape. The interior will need to be shampooed and cleaned as the Legacy has been in storage for about 3 years. I have preliminarily cleaned the interior already.
11) Pictures can be downloaded from HERE
12) I am also not greedy, you tell me what you think it is worth to you (I think around $300-$400) and when you can come pick it up I will be more than willing to negotiate any and all details.
13) Title is from WI, title is clean (not salvage) and is ready to transfer

Here is the information off the plate in the engine bay:
VIN: JF1BC6733PG603728
Model: BC7DY8Z
Option Code: RM
Trim Code: 320
Engine Type: EJ22TAW3BB
Color Code: 218
Transmission Type: TY752VJ2AA

Also, if anyone is planning on a car build, we also have a used 2002 WRX engine in the shop that needs to be sold. It would make a perfect build engine. If you are interested in the 2002 WRX engine long block, the owner of the garage Brett Bajcsi (bajcsi at zenonline.com) said to make him an offer. The engine needs a new valve on one head, the same head needs some minor repair due to the bent valve, but all of the pistons and cylinders are undamaged. Entire engine is drop-in ready. Brett is motivated to move the engine, so feel free to negotiate price.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
LostinMaine
In Neutral

Post by LostinMaine »

that car is already posted on here

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=41019
Co Founder of MaineSubies.com

91 SS, in need of some major TLC (work in progress)

Im lost in Maine, but ill find my way out eventually
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Ok, my bad. Didn't see it the first time.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

dropdfocus wrote:Ok, my bad. Didn't see it the first time.
But at least you were thinking of us! :D
'94 TW
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

But of course! Not too many other forums give a crap about these old cars, so where better to post it for one of "our kind" to purchase it and keep it alive & kickin'? 8)
Jason
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hmmm, I have access to an EJ22T long block......
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

D O__I T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Jason