Question about suspension interchageability

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Jsun
In Neutral

Question about suspension interchageability

Post by Jsun »

Hey guys, I'm new here.. first post. I did some searching but was unclear on whether or not this will work? What I found was either spring only or strut only interchangeability. so here is my question:

I have a full 04 wrx suspension (strut, spring, top hats) all assembled, I just picked up a 93 legacy turbo and was wondering if it is possible to remove the leggy suspension as a whole assembled (strut, spring, top hats) and put in the 04 wrx suspension as a whole? so basically a direct swap?

If not what can i use from the 04 wrx suspension to combine with the leggy suspension to make it work? thanks guys.

Jason
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I believe you'll need the front upper spring perches off of your Legacy spring/strut assembly.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Jsun
In Neutral

Post by Jsun »

so just the spring perches? everything else from the 04 can be use? so the rears 04 rears are a direct bolt in top hats and all?
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

i have a set of 04 sti struts in my 93 leggy and all i had to do was change the rear top hats to 91 top hats beacsue of the taper of the rear spings. dunnno about WRX stuff tho
Massimo Narini

93 legacy Turbo (aka Gracie)
-Turbo XS boost controller(6/12psi), WRX TMIC, STI sways,04 STI struts, 3'' DP, lightweight pulley,