WRX ECM into 91SS???

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Boostedballs
First Gear

WRX ECM into 91SS???

Post by Boostedballs »

I am at the point where I need some sort of engine management.

I like the idea of a stand along but the price tag sucks.

I like the piggyback idea but it seems half-assed.

I know the WRX ecm can be reflashed and those are pretty cheap.

I wonder what I would have to do to make the WRX unit work. Maybe replace MAF, cam sensors, TPS, a ton of wiring, etc.

This is my daily driver, I need it to be drivable.

My race car is getting the SDS system but I don't think it would be a good option for a daily driver.

I really don't have to worry about emissions but I would like the car to run lean until I put my foot in it.

What do you guys think?
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The biggies that I can think of are the cam & crank sensor differences. Beyond that, there are other things like fuel pump controller, fuel temp sensor, and a myriad of other OBD2 type stuff that you will have to contend with. I'm not sure if you could simply disable that stuff with open ECU or access port software.....or if it will give you issues.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I know that you'd need to install some sort of resistor for the first O2 sensor (it detects 'catalytic coverter efficiency') and there's also a stock EGT sensor in the UP.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

asc_up wrote:I know that you'd need to install some sort of resistor for the first O2 sensor (it detects 'catalytic coverter efficiency') and there's also a stock EGT sensor in the UP.
Both the O2 and EGT sensor can be addressed with the use of resisitors. Additionally, you could just get an accessport and it would fix the problem too.
SUBARUEHS Racing