My latest misadventures

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

My latest misadventures

Post by Tleg93 »

I just made the trip back to PA to get my car. I start out for Oregon in the morning.

I knew I would need some repairs before I embarked but I had no idea it would be 700 bux of repairs. The real bs of the whole thing was it was discovered that a universal joint was missing off the drive shaft where it couples onto the transmission. My mechanic told me that was because the guy that fixed and re-installed my transmission didn't bother to bolt it in when he was done and that was after two weeks of being in his "care". So, the whole thing was held in place by two engine mounts. This led to my U-joint being busted off due to all the forces exerted on it from the unbolted tranny.

But now it's all better. Just another episode I guess.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

the u joint doesnt "unbolt" actualy they arent even servicable. it takes a new driveshaft or some custom stuff from a driveshaft shop that knows their shit.
I had a bad vibration on my old wagon that all of a sudden got a lot worse. holy crap, a 3 piece u joint.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

Those u-joints always annoy me... would it have killed them to put a grease fitting on the cross-shaft so the needles could be greased?
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

SPRINGFIELD, OREGON?!?!? Woo Hoo!!
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Lunatech wrote:SPRINGFIELD, OREGON?!?!? Woo Hoo!!
lol Simpson's came to my mind too! DOH!!!

Stock driveshaft are fine, they are not serviceable because THEY DONT NEED SERVICING!!! If it takes a crap replace it much better off wouldn't call the driveshaft failing a often occurence either.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

I was thinking I now have 100% more other members in Lane County that could possibly meet up once in a while. I've organized and gone to these Legacycentral meets in Springfield a couple of times and it always is quite boring since I'm the only one there. Well the last time there was kind of a heated argument between members, but I stifled it pretty quick. LOL
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Yeah, I just got home, to my Oregon home that is. We drove across country in my Subie and it didn't miss a beat. I was going at a pretty good clip at points with no vibration, no nothing, smooth ride. The only thing was I got pulled over in Illinois for not changing lanes when the cop pulled over a car in front of me. He just gave me a warning tho. The funny thing was that we were pulled over at 4:20 pm under Scott's law (my name is Scott). I've found someone to help with the body and paint...cant' wait to get working.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
94LegWagon
First Gear

Post by 94LegWagon »

Tleg93 wrote:YThe funny thing was that we were pulled over at 4:20 pm under Scott's law (my name is Scott).
hmmm you saying you were celebrating 4/20?
94 Legacy Wagon N/A 5mt AWD
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

No, it was actually the time recorded on the ticket. I was straight as an arrow.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Glad to here the SS is running good Scott....
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]