Wow

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow

Post by Legacy777 »

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Gotta hand it to him though, he's not taking up any extra seats. Though I'm not sure how the flight attendants are gonna get through...

I always hate sitting next to someone that too big to fit in their own seat...
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

werent they going to start making those people pay for the amount of seat area they take up? ie 2(or 3 :shock: ) seats?
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

fake...?
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

wow is right haha, thats all i can say
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

90 L+ wgn
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I am merely loling. Fucking America. Damn.

The airlines can have their fat tax. Get after it,. lol.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

He shouldn't even be allowed on a plane. He's a safety issue in event of an emergency, restricting passengers to only using exits on whichever side of him they're on.

Anyone see one of those body exhibits? They had a slice of a fat guy next to a normal guy and you could see the enlarged heart and the layer of fat like a New Age aura around the fat dude. Disgusting. Normally, I wouldn't care what someone does, but as someone who nearly starved to death and who is today forced to pay greater health care costs (yes, in MA, I am FORCED to have health insurance or pay a fine. I go with the fine because the insurance rates are outrageous due to these self-inflicted wounds from addicts.) as well as be inconvenienced by their slow, entitled asses any time I go anywhere in public, I think of what a great alternative they'd be to industrial meat farming (which is a whole other rant about how that contributes to the fat of this country). Maybe a slave labor camp would help them work some of that fat off. Try living on a ramen noodle a day, assholes! That's what I did, and I'm not talking the Cup-of-Soup shit with the dried vegetables—I'm talking about just the noodles and a "meat flavored" salt packet. Pansies.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

Reminds me of the f'ers that park Escalades in spaces marked compact, leaving only a few inches on either side, making the spaces next to them unusable. Sure they fit it in there, but basically take up 3 spaces!
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

They do that in Boston parking garages, too. I've actually had to open my tailgate, park the car, then crawl out through the back on several occasions just to get a spot.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

evolutionmovement wrote:They do that in Boston parking garages, too. I've actually had to open my tailgate, park the car, then crawl out through the back on several occasions just to get a spot.
While we're ranting, this bitch parked next to me while I was in the post office parked perfectly in my space. When I came out I found her car so close to mine that I had to get in the passenger side door because I had about 3 or 4 inches of room on my side between out vehicles. She was over the white lines in my space. I hate that shit. I don't try to be sexist but this happens nearly exlusively with women and my theory is they just don't think about anyone but themselves while driving their vehicle. Their thought process is different then men. That's why every time you see a woman about to pull out of a side road or driveway you have to slow way down and get ready to make a crazy swerve to avoid them because you know most of the time they won't look both ways before pulling out.

I could go on an on but I need to go to bed. I won't even get started on fat people. I don't mind reasonable fat people much but people who just straight let themselves go just piss me off. I'll leave it at that. I'm an asshole I suppose but oh well, there's no changing the way I feel. I'd love to eat like they do too but I have some level of self control and self respect when it comes to eating.

People who use electric wheel chairs because they're too fat and lazy to walk really get on my nerves. Disgusting.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

evolutionmovement wrote:They do that in Boston parking garages, too. I've actually had to open my tailgate, park the car, then crawl out through the back on several occasions just to get a spot.
BTW I took a trip to boston over the summer. Can't say I like it there too much. I definately prefer washington.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

It's not fat people I mind as much as obese. I know healthy people who are overweight—it's just their metabolism or whatever, but obese, like the dude pictured, takes dedication to the gods of sloth and gluttony.

Boston kind of sucks. The sports BS is out of control. The retarded devotion exceeds the fervor practiced by fundamentalist religious groups towards their idols and it's f'n ridiculous. Everything's overpriced and a PITA to deal with either parking or public transportation, it's crowded, the bars and clubs are filled with douchebags, and the traffic is horrible. And Chinatown is fowl beyond all measures of disgusting. I recommend Cambridge if you can get past the crunchy-types (there used to be a great fetish club there, but it's sadly gone), or even Salem/North Shore coast to anyone who visits over Boston. Once you see the historical stuff and visit an Irish pub (the only kind of f'n bar in the whole city—somehow, like Dunkin Donuts and CVS, they defy the laws of oversaturation), it's time to get the hell out.

And women complain about men only thinking with their dicks, but once we're done, we think about other things (and invent or fix shit). Most women rarely think about anything besides what's going into or coming out of their box. Even the obese aren't as entitled and oblivious as a pregnant woman with kids. And yet, if you call them out on their selfishness, all the other over-conditioned homogenized people around, even those who also have to deal with her monstrous kids, stick up for them.
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

If given an option, I usually park way in the back of the parking lot to avoid NJ dickheads.

If someone parks so close that I can't get my door open I leave them a nice sized dent on the side of their car. I know I'm an asshole, but it's only fair; if they didn't want dents, they wouldn't jam their bloated diabetic Escalade into a spot made for a yugo.

Before I get flamed, I would never leave a dent on someone's car without provocation. The one time I did accidentally dink someone's door, I left a note with my # (and they never called).
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

While the guy may be "fat", he is obviously also physically HUGE. Look at the width of his shoulders....
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I sparked some debate here :)

I see the parking thing almost every morning in my garage at work. I am amazed at the fact that people can't park in lines. usually, if I'm the guy on the end, I will crowd the outside, so the guy next to me can crowd my spot and give the entire row a little extra room.....assuming the thought even enters in the driver's head. But it usually doesn't.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I always try to find end spots or pillars and park up against them, sometimes crawling out the passenger side, just so I'm less likely to get a dent from some Extenze customer in an SUV.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha thats great shit evolution
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I did visit the sam adams brewery when I was over in boston and had some nice fresh beer there which was my first time drinking sam adams and it was pretty good. Although I will say it was noticeably better than the stuff you get at the store.

I got pretty buzzed while I was there. They give you 3 small glasses worth by passing around 3 rounds of pitchers throughout the room. What happened was on the last pitcher I wound up with it and it was nearly half full. I tried passing it on but everyone had already had 3 glasses and refused any more. Therefore I thought I might as well finish it off. So I got about 6 glasses even though they clearly stated they were only allowed to let us have 3 lol.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Our tour guide fillin pictures of summer ale. He had a silly boston accent. I didn't really notice anyone with an accent while was there but I didn't interact with many locals. But this guy's accent was really noticeable.

Goofy picture of me in the brewery.

My friend later that day calling in to work "sick" while pounding a boston lager. :D

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

The Boston accent people make fun of is exaggerated. Ya mostly only heah that in Southie oah with a certin subset uh Pats fans. It's a tough one for non-native actors to get right (notice that in The Departed, most actors were native Bostonians). Contrary to popular belief that we drop 'r's, only trailing 'r's are dropped and not for every word. Also, some vowels may be substituted with others depending on the adjoining words (or "werds" in Bostonian, though other accents also make this change). "Or" to "er" is a common one, though the word "or" is generally pronounced correctly. The trouble is a lack of consistency as the accent changes by regions, social level, and the word in question.

Fresh beer for anything is the best, by far. Sam is a good mainstream beer and I like the company because it's more than a business to them. When the price of hops went through the roof about a year ago, they offered theirs to small local craft brewers at the discounted cost they bought them at and tried to divvy them up to those who were hurting the most so they could stay in business. Those are their competitors, some of which make some damn good beer and are expanding in the region, probably eating some of Boston Beer's market share so I think that showed a lot of class and a true love for beer.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I've been on that tour.

the free postcard sending thing was awesome.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

I noticed the same thing as as Kimo when I visited Busch gardens in San Diego (heard they shut this down this past year).

The beer there, according to our "beer school" guide, was fresher than anything you can get in the stores. Smelled different, was a different color and was WAY better tasting. I mean, I'll drink anything but that stuff was REALLY good beer. The newest stuff my distributor-driver buddy can get has been bottled for about a week, which is still good, but lacks that certain something.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

evolutionmovement wrote: Fresh beer for anything is the best, by far. Sam is a good mainstream beer and I like the company because it's more than a business to them. When the price of hops went through the roof about a year ago, they offered theirs to small local craft brewers at the discounted cost they bought them at and tried to divvy them up to those who were hurting the most so they could stay in business. Those are their competitors, some of which make some damn good beer and are expanding in the region, probably eating some of Boston Beer's market share so I think that showed a lot of class and a true love for beer.
that's class.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped