My new 95 Legacy Wagon "Anyah"

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Brumby
In Neutral

My new 95 Legacy Wagon "Anyah"

Post by Brumby »

So long time no post... my apologies :D

I've been busy with work and the like, but in the last few months I've come across a steal! A friend of my fathers sold me his 1995 Legacy AWD wagon for $500, with one condition. I have to get it out of his driveway. But at 140K miles, I couldn't say no.

The good:
-No rust on body
-Has the 15'' Aluminum wheels
-Paint is in decent shape, save for the hood and faded clearcoat

The bad:
-The cars been sitting for 3 years
-Obvious necessities to be swapped are tires and seals
-Fuel pump is seized and upon removal, tank appears to have algae-like deposits and about 1/4 tank of horrid stale gas left.

My only concern is how to clean the tank, I can use the access holes in the rear cargo area to get to some of it, but the manual mentions a drain plug I can't find. Also, I'd usually just drop the tank, but being in a gravel driveway in the dead of winter isn't my idea of fun. Plus, the drivetrain and exhaust are right there in my way.

So before I begin my awesome journey with my first AWD, any tips on how to get this tank back to a somewhat useable condition? I'm almost afraid to drop another pump in since the strainer would probably clog up instantly. And to ease any worries, I have had it fired up and purring, with the aid of an external pump and 5gal gas can from work :D Amazing how the motors can take a nap and still wake up just fine.

Anyways, just wanted to share my excitement, it'll be nice to actually grab all four tires in the snow for once... My poor 93 just can't handle all that power to two wheels :P
'93 BC Legacy L 2WD 5MT NA (Daily Driver) awaiting AWD swap
Sitting pretty on 205/55R16 WRX rims
'88 F150 Long Bed 2WD 5MT (Beater parts grabber)