&%$# CLUTCH KIT!!

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

__TT__
First Gear

&%$# CLUTCH KIT!!

Post by __TT__ »

So got all the parts (i thought) for the 5mt swap. the clutch kit I got from checker/orielys and it don't fit. there system shows the same damn kit for ALL legacys from 89-98 and it doesnt matter if its na, turbo ,4 or 2 wheel drive, ALSO includes imprezas for those years!! ugh The last two times I have been there I have ha to return something because it didnt fit my 94 turbo wagon.

Anywho. The 5mt and flywheel is from a 92 ss, I need a local part number from pepboys, autozone,or advanced auto that will work for what I need. The preasure plate they gave me was too big if that helps any.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

All of the NA clutches from 89-98 (except the 98RS) are the same.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I have 2.0 wrx stuff in my 5mt. Try getting those parts.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

well found the kit at advanced with the pull style. of course its special order for 202!!
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Re: &%$# CLUTCH KIT!!

Post by n2x4 »

__TT__ wrote:Anywho. The 5mt and flywheel is from a 92 ss, I need a local part number from pepboys, autozone,or advanced auto that will work for what I need. The preasure plate they gave me was too big if that helps any.
A 02-05 wrx clutch is your ticket. Buy an Exedy OEM one on ebay.
SUBARUEHS Racing
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

If you want to save a bunch, I got a cluch kit from Phoenix Friction that came with an OEM Exedy pressure plate, a decent throwout bearing (although I used an OEM one) and an organic clutch disc manufactured to OEM spec right here in NJ. I've had it in for 6 months now, I've been really happy with it so far. Think I paid $130 for the whole kit (with alignment tool + pilot bearing inc.).
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79