How would these look cleaned and installed?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

90rwd
In Neutral

How would these look cleaned and installed?

Post by 90rwd »

Just wanted another view on the. I can get them cheap.
Thanks.

Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

They look small, if they're 15+ I think I'd like them, 14 or smaller I wouldn't.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

meh. I'm not really into that style of older looking wheels. See them on a lot of VWs and stuff like that. Just not my taste but in the end it's all about what you think not anyone else really.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
90rwd
In Neutral

Post by 90rwd »

Okay so those rims are 14s. I figured they'd look wierd.
But the same guy has these for sale too. And he said he will sand blast them and paint them any color for $30.
What do you think?
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Ehhhh not feellin those at all, if the price is right they might be worth trying, but I don't think they'll look good at all. I vote keep looking. I think you should just keep a lookout in the parts shed, the wheels fs section on rs25.com and Nasioc.

Where are you located? I have some WRX 16s for sale
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

i say try it. id like to see what old schools wheels look like on the older subies. i think with the right tire size and car lowered. it wouldnt look bad. as for color. black, white, silver... something along thise lines. or try some floresent colors, orange, green, pink.
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

I vote for the first ones if the offset is right. I like retro. 8)
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
90rwd
In Neutral

Post by 90rwd »

Hmmm. People diggin' the first wheels eh? lol.

If i get them, im thinking something like a nice black lip, with a bright floresent centre color. My car will be candy red eventually so i think green will look some kind of awesome. Let me know what you think guys.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I don't mind the first set.

The second set looks like something I'd find on an '80's Lebaron or something like that.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
90rwd
In Neutral

Post by 90rwd »

93forestpearl wrote:I don't mind the first set.

The second set looks like something I'd find on an '80's Lebaron or something like that.
Im not 100% but i think there off like a Trans Am lol.
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

I was thinking FWD Chrysler also on the second set. It is very similar to the "snowflake" Trans Am wheels, but it's the wrong offset.
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

90rwd wrote:Hmmm. People diggin' the first wheels eh? lol.

If i get them, im thinking something like a nice black lip, with a bright floresent centre color. My car will be candy red eventually so i think green will look some kind of awesome. Let me know what you think guys.
Yea I like the first ones, but I don't know about 14s...Never been a fan of stock size aftermarket wheels, 15s would be okay since it's a plus size for most Legacys.

I'd say polish them though or paint them silver, flourescent only looks good on modded cars that would already draw attention on their own.

If you can get a better picture of them and a picture of you car from the same angle, I could photoshop them on in various colors.
90rwd
In Neutral

Post by 90rwd »

Binford wrote:I was thinking FWD Chrysler also on the second set. It is very similar to the "snowflake" Trans Am wheels, but it's the wrong offset.
I think you might be right my man.

And I think I'm going to get them if the off-set is right and if they're the right lug pattern.
And as for colors I think I'm going to go black centre and polished lips. I think that will look respectable and clean.
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

dont waste your money
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)