ABS-2E (Nippon) trouble code diag help

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

magicmike
Fifth Gear

ABS-2E (Nippon) trouble code diag help

Post by magicmike »

OK, i never had any problems with my ABS prior to doing my brakes and rotors at which point I removed my calipers for the ricer red paint and installed the stainless lines. I bled the system (like normal which may be the problem here). I, on occasion, would get the abs light but not always. then it pretty much came on ever time I drove the car and has been like that for a year now.

I used a document that is referenced somewhere else on this board to pull the codes from the unit and using this post on nabisco (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... did=192583) I was able to find that my 4 codes are as follows:

11 – Start Code, DTC is shown after start code, Only start code is shown in normal condition

22 – front right ABS sensor - Abnormal ABS sensor, abnormal ABS sensor signal

24 – front left ABS sensor - Abnormal ABS sensor, abnormal ABS sensor signal

And

42 – Source voltage is abnormal

Now, I was ok with the 22 and 24 although its not likely both would go bad at the same time but the 42 makes me think that there is something else wrong here and its making the unit throw the other 2 codes.

I have just read that there is a special bleeding procedure for the ABS-2e systems so I am going to go attempt that. Maybe there is some air in the abs unit and its preventing enough pressure to build and causing that 42 to pop up.

I'd like your thoughts on this please because at 100+ a sensor I really cant afford to start buying wheel sensors.

I need to get this heap inspected and in RI they wont pass you for non working abs.

Thanks,
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Re: ABS-2E (Nippon) trouble code diag help

Post by magicmike »

Well I re-bled the whole system and that went fine. I cleared the codes and stuck it in drive on the jack stands until I got another abs fault. Checked the codes and still had all the codes.

I decided to take the rotors off both fronts. Basically the entire sheet metal guard that sits behind the rotor had been disintegrated on both sides. I removed what was left and cleaned all the rust bits off the sensors. They were pretty caked up with rust flakes.

Great problem solved right? wrong!

I got everything back together and put the wheels on this time. took the car for a drive and bam ABS light.

Checked the codes and now I only have the 11 which will be there all the time i think, and a 22 which is the front right. now the front left actually looks like its bent a little so i'm surprised that I got the front right code. I'm going to check the connectors today and see what I find.

does anyone have any front right sensors for sale?
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale