where to get clutch set?

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Nate S
First Gear

where to get clutch set?

Post by Nate S »

ok,
so I am almost done rounding up all the parts for my 5mt swap, now I have seen what clutch kits cost for this thing , OH MAN. soo.... anyone have any good sources? and if I am gonna pay this much does anyone have good sources for aftermarket ones? ( group N etc ) . I am using an impreza tranny so no need for the pull type.
thanks,
Nate
S-Squared Motorsports
Looking for aftermarket parts? Email me
nate@ss-ms.com - www.ss-ms.com
shop # 916 631 7440
92 turbo wagon / 02 wrx sedan
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I think Clutch Masters makes everything from OEM spec up to Stage 3, so does Exedy. Not sure how either of these are, I have no clue what brand my new one is, I just know that I'm really pissed that I still have the old throw-out bearing! Make sure that yours is replaced, it should come with the kit...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
vypa
First Gear

Post by vypa »

i personally havent had any experience with clutchmasters... but i havent heard much good about them... but the exedy clutch sounds good to me
Brian
http://vypa.homestead.com/index.html
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I've heard better about Clutch Masters than ACT, which Always Cooks Transmissions...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Mark Ward
First Gear

Post by Mark Ward »

www.cobbtuning.com I found they had the best price. Ohh. Any clutch that you increase the grip on (IE go to 4 puck copper) will increase the chance of blowing your transmission. I have been using the ACT modified organic in my suby with no problems on my transmission.

Mark
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

I have been running the ACT with a RS Impreza disc with no problems. Before you install anything you might want to check with me. We have a stainless steel sleeve that fits over the snout on the tranny and it makes things work real smooth. This afternoon we checked out the first dealer warranty install of one of them. Nothing for the turbo's yet they don't wear the transmission snout like the n/a's do. We also have a modified cylinder that get the D>>> pedal off of the floor where most of them disengage the clutch.
AL(CO)
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I need a clutch for my turbo... right now! The cruise control will make it slip on the highway... 2 lbs of boost below 3k rpm is all it takes. I can't find an ACT dealer for the life of me. I'm looking for the one that will hold 330 lb/ft of torque or so, with a sprung hub of course . ACT has a part number and clutch kit for the turbo legacy. I can get the number. It should be less than $450 also, any help would be great.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

I am using the CenterForce Duel fiction and it goes good on both Rally and daily driving, the cost in Canadian were around $1000 Cad.

Or you could use the same clutch set on the WRX or old GC Impreza since the WRX has bigger surface on the clutch to the flywheele!

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

I got a SPEC stage 2 and lightened flywheel for a WRX. I think it was around $780 together. They have a real good rep with the domestics and I am real happy with it. esp the flywheel :D And brat4by4 do it now! or you will have to replace the flywheel like me. Well it was good except for the $$$. I can't say enough about the lightened flywheel, it was just under half the weight of the stocker and it isn't hard to drive at all. Heel-toe downshifts are soooo much fun now :D
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt