My new toy!

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Kelly
Fourth Gear

My new toy!

Post by Kelly »

92 1.6

Its got a bunch of Jackson Racing goodies on it!
asotwavb
First Gear

Re: My new toy!

Post by asotwavb »

Nicee!! I bet that is a blast to drive
1992 Legacy Sport
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Nice! I usually think stripes are overdone, but that looks really good. I like the wheels, too. Are they on spacers or really wide? Something about the paint and wheels makes that one look especially Lotus Elan-like. Looks like it's in excellent condition. I keep going over getting one every few months or so. I'll probably be checking the want ads as soon as I finish this. What's the rigidity of those things? No one ever mentions cowl shake, but I imagine they must have it.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Looks like fun. A friend has the same JR intake on his Miata, that's a well done kit.
90 L+ wgn
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

The wheels are 15x8 :-D

The rigidity is well, that of a convertible. I'm thinking first mods are going to be a roll bar and supporting chassis mods. I cant believe how this thing handles. The guy I bought it from set up the suspension and alignment for hillclimbs and judging by the tire wear its set pretty aggressively. I think with some new rubber I'm gonna back it down a notch.

But yeah, there's a whole lot of these things floating around right now for dirt cheap and I think its pretty good bang for the buck.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

They're a steal, really. Damn, with a hill climbing setup, that thing must be crazy. The only thing that's stopped me buying one is the disappointing mileage (for what it is) because of the short top gear (fixed with an RX7 transmission) and aerodynamics (why has no one made an aerodynamic hardtop?). This obsession with aerodynamics of mine sucks.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
subaru_styles
Third Gear

Post by subaru_styles »

get the butterfly bar for it
1994 SS "JDM-OEM"

1997 2.5gt wagon, ricebowl, 207 swapped

1999 lifted 2.5gt wagon,"tokyo weekender"

1994 gt wagon, next build

1994 turbo wagon
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Time for a mustang V8 swap! lol
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

looks sweet! Ive wanted one for a while now!
Dave

Post by beatersubi »

Did it come w/ a matching purse, or maybe a skirt? :o
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

So, umm.... looks like the turn signals have been pulled out and replaced with a cold air system.... where are your turn signals?
Dave

Post by Kelly »

beatersubi wrote:Did it come w/ a matching purse, or maybe a skirt? :o
Yes, matching white skirt, purse, And tampons with black stripes. :wink:

The intake vents have small marker and signal lights. Kinda hard to see in the pics because their dirty, but they work somewhat well. Still not quite sure how I feel about them, or the tail lights. The stripe is painted on. Its a bit ricey for sure. I really had my heart set on one in the british racing green with tan and panasports but they were pretty hard to come by.

My original plans were to supercharge, low boost stock motor, but it actually revs up and has good power up to redline. 20 more hp I think will be my goal, and I keep seeing full longblocks on CL for 200-300 bucks, so I might just go higher compression/porting and ignition control. I think 200hp in one of these might be a bit too much for a guy whose married with a baby on the way.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I don't know much about tampons, but aren't they only supposed to have stripes after they're used?

There is a local guy who autocrosses his turbo'd miata. Its a small turbo running low boost on stock c/r and making ~300whp. He's pretty fast and successful w/ it.
I'd love to have one myself, if it was more practical.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

You're thinking pads. Tampons are the things that go inside the woman's special part to absorb the effluence—it leaves a string hanging out as a sign of its presence. You know, they come with those cylindrical applicators you'd find on the beach as a kid and bring up to your mother asking, "What is this from?" only to be given a horrified look and told not to touch it. If she had just told me what it was, I would have been less likely to touch them—we're talking a public beach in the city! Anyway, no stripes on tampons.
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Thanks for clearing that up!
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
Grayguy
Second Gear

Post by Grayguy »

SR20 Swap!
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Steve, your knowledge of the workings of feminine hygiene products is nothing short of suspicious.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, it comes from experience dating women. I think the car is starting to catch on.
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

I'm having a hard time figuring out who's the MOST gay in this thread.

Oh no I didn't :smt018
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

You know how I know you're gay...lol
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

How?
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Kelly wrote:I'm having a hard time figuring out who's the MOST gay in this thread.

Oh no I didn't :smt018

I'm not gay. Its called metro-sexual, and its perfectly acceptable. :o

Sigh. You're all such homophobes. Its almost embarrassing.