TURBO XS FCD... PLEASE HELP

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

StonedLegacy
In Neutral

TURBO XS FCD... PLEASE HELP

Post by StonedLegacy »

I purchased a turbo xs FCD and ive searched for a post that has info on which wires to splice. didnt find hard information with using this FCD... does anyone know how to do this with the turbo xs ... if so a great reply with detial would be awsome!!! Its the last install i have to do to get my car running right.
vrg3
Vikash

Re: TURBO XS FCD... PLEASE HELP

Post by vrg3 »

Maybe look at the thread about my FCD. I believe free5tyle posted some detailed instructions that should get you started.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

It's been awhile since I put mine on and uninstalled it but here goes. With the ECU installed in the proper location, the very bottom yellow plug you can see has the MAP sensor wire. It is the third black wire up, on the side of the plug closest to the firewall. What I did was cut the black wire at the ECU and put a insulated male and a female connector on the the ends, in case you want to go back to stock you can just plug them back together. The PURPLE wire goes to the ECU side(use appropiate female/male connector to match what you used on ECU side black wire), the GREEN wire goes to the sensor side (use appropiate female/male connector to match what you used on sensor side black wire), the BLACK wire is body ground, the red wire should be jumped from a keyed fuse( I think I used the radio fuse, BTW if this fuse blows, your fuel pump will cut off, so use insulated connectors wherever possible. If your car ever shuts off suddenly check this fuse first, this happened to me but only because I ran the wire under the carpet and eventually wore the insulation off and it shorted to ground). As far as setup goes you'll need another person to help, go to TURBOXS website for info.

PS, also helps to use a lil di-electric grease(spark plug wire grease) on the male/female connections to ease connecting/disconnecting and to lock out moisture.

Good Luck, Brian
93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc
StonedLegacy
In Neutral

Post by StonedLegacy »

thank you for your response... Im starting on it now, we'll see how far i get haha
StonedLegacy
In Neutral

Post by StonedLegacy »

thank you brweber352... got the FCD installed and boostin like a mo fo... would have had it done sooner but had to have knee surgery. your information was spot on. werd
brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

:smt023 Glad to hear to got it working.

Brian
93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc