1990 Legacy LS Parts car in Chicago (western burbs)

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
oldfast
In Neutral

1990 Legacy LS Parts car in Chicago (western burbs)

Post by oldfast »

Here is a one owner (yep, you read that right, we bought it new back in 90!) Legacy LS that's been a phenominally reliable transport for our family. In 20 years it's never once left someone stranded. But something has let go in the motor and she's going as a parts car. Whether you're trying to keep yours alive or want to revive this one you've got some great value here. New in the last 6 months: Timing belt, pulleys, tensioner, water pump, radiator, upper and lower radiator hoses, plugs, filters, serp belt, front drive axles. 4 new Cooper tires last fall (less than 6k on them). New brakes (rotors and pads front, pads rear) last fall. New brake lines this spring. Stainless brake lines replaced the old rubber ones, too. Good ABS. This car has a really great sounding stereo in it with a Pioneer head unit, Sony graphic EQ, JBL speakers, 12-disc CD changer in the trunk, power antenna. It all works. We're going to keep one of the power amps, but the other one and the Bazooka bass tubes stay with the car. All the window motors are good. The cruise still works. The A/C needs recharging and we haven't bothered with it for a couple of years. The sunroof doesn't work. The interior is dirty but there are NO rips or tears at all. It has the adjustable height driver's seat. The motor started clacking loudly on the driver's side on startup one day last week and it was not driven since, except for about 10 feet to put it on the trailer and bring it to my office. The car only has around 140K on it! I don't know what the clack is, and I'm not interested in digging into it. It doesn't sound like a rod knock to me, possibly a wrist pin or something in the valve train. The oil pressure is normal (yeah there's a guage in it). No check engine or ABS lights. The body has the typical Subie rust around the rear wheels and both fenders are significantly dented. She ain't a beauty, but like I said was great transportation with AWD, a great stereo, cruise and killer heat. Fix it, part it, drive it off a cliff. But I don't think you'll beat it at 350 bucks. Clear Illinois title in hand. Hell, even the original window sticker! I'll throw in the Haynes service manual, too. I don't want to strip it, so please don't ask for individual parts, I want the whole thing gone. Cash, please. E-mail with questions. The car is in St.Charles IL and can be shown just about any time. I'd love to see it go to a Subie enthusiast. This was a truly great car and could have a lot of life left. Call 312.286.9756 or email oldfast@aol.com. I can send pix. Thanks!
In Neutral

Re: 1990 Legacy LS Parts car in Chicago (western burbs)

Post by #89 »

Howdy o.f.,

Wagon or Sedan? :-)

Thx, #89
HobbyWrench
First Gear

Post by HobbyWrench »

Hi,

Are you selling parts from this car?

I'm also in Chicagoland western suburbs - within 10 miles of you.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Mike
ryan111987
In Neutral

Post by ryan111987 »

have a rear diff? 4.111?
sold my s2000 now rocking the 1990 legacy