JDM Content. Please help! I want this car! Convincing needed

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

90rwd
In Neutral

JDM Content. Please help! I want this car! Convincing needed

Post by 90rwd »

Hey, a while ago I was on here with some stupid crazy idea that I was going to convert a fwd legacy to rwd with no funds or materials. Lol. Young minds.
Well now I have a great job, long hours but now I got the money for the car I want.
After a lot of searching I have found a really nice JDM Turbo Legacy.
I got an email from the guy, he sounds like a very nice guy that took care of his car, he sent me a parts list of what's done, I'm just trying to prove to my parents that this is a good buy (I am only 18 by the way) lol.
I need to car to be able to handle winter, the reason why I chose a leggy. I drive 30-45 minutes to work with my buddy (depending on traffic).
The email is posted below, when I get on a computer I will also post pictures.
Also the price is $6000CAN.
Please let me know what you guys think, I shall also post this in the engine section cause that's what my parents are worried about lol.
Thank you kindly , leggy lovers!

Hey there Jack,

No, I havent sold the car. I had to take the ad down because I was in Fort McMurray picking up the new minivan for the family, and wanted to sell my old Neon that I drove up here. 

Before you come up, I want to make you aware of the car, and make sure you saw everything in the pictures and are interested. I'd love to sell the car, and to you as well because you are enthused about it.

So.

It has a newer engine. About 30,000km on it. It is from a WRX, and is in great shape. It has a transmission from an STi, and it's also in very great shape. It was just installed about 2 months ago from a donor car from Toronto. The differentials are out of an STi, as are the 555 seats, the steering wheel, the actual wheels, and the brakes. 

Problems. It needs a new O2 sensor. What I found out by talking to people in Japan, is instead of buying a new one, if you can find a 1990-1993 Subaru Legacy american version, you can take any parts, except the powertrain itself, and swap it over. The reason you cant take those parts, is the ECM is different and the plugs and what not are different. But the O2 switch is no big deal. The effect, when it's warming up, it rockets out of gears. But when it warms up, after about 4000 rpm, it stutters a bit when you put the pedal down. The dealership said it's the O2 switch, and I told them not to replace it, because they wanted like, 500 bucks to do it, because of the time and the cost of a brand new part. You can do it for 80 yourself, or less. It also has new tires.

Finally, in the picture of the front right side (driver's), a guy who I had it in to do a winterization on it the first year I had it, backed it into something. So the headlight is not the right size. It's a bit small. If you find a legacy, again, the headlight will fit in perfectly and it will be good as new. The paint he used on a second of the hood, about 6" by 6" is also slightly darker. Not a big deal.

Besides that, this car is a gem. I'm only selling it because I bought a van, have two kids and a new girlfriend and it's not practical. I LOVE the car, and want to find a good home for it. So far, I've put, including the purchase price, about 23,000 into it. I'm asking you for only 6000 because I need it out of the parking lot, 

Let me know what you think, Jack. Thanks!
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: JDM Content. Please help! I want this car! Convincing ne

Post by entirelyturbo »

Please just make one thread next time. Continue in the Misc thread.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok