Inherited some pictures. Point me in the right direction.

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Florin1
Fourth Gear

Inherited some pictures. Point me in the right direction.

Post by Florin1 »

So i was given some pictures that i hope might be worth something. I'd like some input on where i can find out what they're worth, or where i should try to sell them. Here is what they look like. The "Phil Smart" one is autographed by the featured guest, and the corvette one has a plaque.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Re: Inherited some pictures. Point me in the right direction

Post by Florin1 »

Also picked up some really old wheels with really nice tires. Looks like its for the era of the cars in the pictures.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

If I were to judge by the frames i would say those are yardsale material :mrgreen:

Cool wheels though....I bet Steve will buy those. :lol:
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I would guess the Shinoda limited edition would be worth something, but you'd have to ask Corvette guys. The wheels look like they're probably MG or Triumph center knock offs. I almost got a set off a TR6 from a junk yard years ago and I'd guess those were older. Look like really skinny tires—MG TC/D? I'm not as familiar with what the earlier TRs ran, but probably about the same. Hell, they likely came from the same manufacturer (Dunlop?). Probably the best bet would be to narrow it down by the tire size.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

The vintage racing/Dan Gurney poster and the Shinoda print are keepers for sure (Is that Gurney's autograph on there???). I'd have those hanging on the garage wall for sure. The other ones - Meh, not old enough for that!
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

yup, real autograph. as for the wheels, i dont know much about them, I just had my father hold off on scrapping them till i did some research. What i do know is the guy they came from was a car collector. He had a pretty large collection of cars. I got to see them in person a few times. I don't remember much about them, because they didn't really peak my interest. The Ferraris on the other hand, did. Think i counted 10 of them.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Hm, they're so damn skinny, but it's possible they came from something more rare, too. The early AC Ace had pretty skinny wheels, as did the Sunbeam Alpine. I think they were an option on lots of cars then. Are they silver painted or bare aluminum?

Forget about the Ace—now that I look at them again, they're likely 60's since they're 60 spoke. The width of that tire I see in the background is throwing me—I think even the MGB had wider ones than that, but I could be wrong. What size are they? I'm guessing now, something like MGB if they're 14", Midget if they're 13".
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

You said he had ferrari's

If you were a real lucky man they would be these wheels :-D

94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Took some more pictures of the wheels and tires, maybe it will narrow down the era.

1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

! ! Damn, I don't know—18" with that width is very unfamiliar to me. I'm wondering if they might be older, then. Running Dunlop Gold Seals isn't the best indicator of what the wheels are, but I'd say it points to them being Dunlop wheels as well. I'd say something more upmarket, but the width is too small for something heavier like a Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, or Jaguar (and 18" still seems like a larger diameter).
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

well thanks for the input. :-). If you were me, where would you take them to try to make a buck?
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I'd do some more research on what it might be. Your best bet is to ask a British sports car forum. They may be something other than British, but that's the most likely option. Italians would be Borrani and I'm fairly sure those aren't Borranis, but it's possible they made something like that and I've never seen them. Thing is, these kinds of wheels were options on all kinds of cars through the 50s and 60s, so it probably won't be possible to nail down an exact vehicle. But that's probably a good thing as that gives you a bigger market if you find out what would use that odd (to me) diameter and tire width—that same British forum may net you a buyer. Did they come with the knock offs? The ones with ears (Ben Hur chariot style) instead of the big nut would indicate older (the ears were outlawed in the US at some point in the early 60s, IIRC). Good thing they're not chrome spoked as those often got weak with age and broke spokes.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

You sure do know your stuff. ;-) I don't know what they came with before. These are from a guy that died, and his son, didn't want them. Its the same guy that owns that 959 I posted in another thread. Any ideas into what forums I should check? I will try and do a google search, but hope you already know of some. Thanks.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

No, sorry. My knowledge comes from a lot of pre-internet days (and a little confirmation from web searches so I can make sure I remembered this crap right) when I actively pursued owning these types of cars (to think of a few off hand: TVR 2500M, Morgan Trike, Lamborghini Espada, Lancia Scorpion, Lancia Beta, Daimler SP250, Saab Sonnet III, Volvo PV544, Borgward Isabella, Alfa Romeo Spider, MGB GT, Lotus Elite ((the shitty 70s one)), BMW 2002). Never did own any because I do so much research on stuff first!
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Haha, all those cars, and now a subaru?? ;-)
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.