Manual ECU?

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
LGT Kirby
First Gear

Manual ECU?

Post by LGT Kirby »

So I recently made the mistake of purchasing an auto Legacy SS. At the time of purchase I was just planning to swap in a 6spd from a STi when I end up needing to rebuild the engine. However after looking into whats needed for the swap, I'm a little skeptical about doing it now. So consider this my attempt to purchase a 92-94 Legacy SS manual transmission ECU, as I really don't want to sell the auto car to just pick up another. This one is really clean, and I had to drive all the way to Portland to get it. I got a ticket on the way, and in the week of owning it, we've been through alot. But if it comes down to that, then it will be up for sale.

Any imput is appriciated, especially if you've done an Auto to Manual swap before. I'm fairly savy with Subaru engines, but have never touched the tranny before, except clutch replacement and whatnot.

Thanks,
-Kirby
Blackbart
Vendor
Vendor

Re: Manual ECU?

Post by Blackbart »

You do not have to switch ecu's
The turbo ecu's are the same for both manual and auto.
Feel better?
Rubasu
First Gear

Post by Rubasu »

but you have to remove one wire for the auto ecu so it doesnt think it is running an auto and just the manual
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Search and you'll find that Legacy777 and many others have done the 5-speed swap. Mike Meyagi has done the 6-speed swap...check his Build in the Build Journal thread.

GL,
TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
LGT Kirby
First Gear

Post by LGT Kirby »

I looked at the swap thread. But I couldn't find a diagram of which wire needs to be removed. If somebody could place a picture or detail description of the wire, I will be keeping this SS instead of selling it.

All help is greatly appriciated.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Check this link (thanks to JC and vrg3): http://www.surrealmirage.com/vrg3/ecupins/
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
LGT Kirby
First Gear

Post by LGT Kirby »

So the pin B48.20 just needs to be snipped and the ECU will be all cool?

Thanks for the link. Really appriciate it.
Rubasu
First Gear

Post by Rubasu »

yes sir no signal no auto trans right!
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)
LGT Kirby
First Gear

Post by LGT Kirby »

You're making this very difficult to sell this car now..