4EAT Toughening Up

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Josh222
First Gear

4EAT Toughening Up

Post by Josh222 »

I plan on putting on a 06wrx IC and a vf39 with a revtronix chip with maf and injectors in the next few weeks and I am trying to decide on a setup for toughening up the 4eat a bit to try and hold up a little better than stock. So Far I have gotten...

Transgo RE4R01A shift kit
External transcooler
Amsoil ATF

I am trying to decide on how to setup the cooler. Do I set it up in series with the stock cooler in the rad or do I completely forget about the stock cooler and just run the aftermarket cooler in front of the condenser.

I was also was considering the Rallitek 4eat transmount bushing to help firm it up, I am not worried about it being louder or vibrating as I already have a turbo back exhaust, stiff suspension and Delta cams that make the whole car vibrate because of the lumpy idle.
92 Touring Wagon Mica Black(sold)
99 Outback Limited(sold)
05 Outback XT Limited
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Re: 4EAT Toughening Up

Post by speedmaxx »

Im running a b&m cooler in line with the stock radiator, everything seems to work well. Originally I by passed the stock radiator cooler and I felt the b&m cooler got to hot. Plus the b&m cooler is air cooled so at a stop nothing will be cooling your trNny if that's all u have hooked up, where your radiator cooler has fans to help cool.
93 legacy l
to much to list....
Josh222
First Gear

Post by Josh222 »

Inline would also help keep the tranny at the right temp in the winter. I think an external would over cool in the winter.
92 Touring Wagon Mica Black(sold)
99 Outback Limited(sold)
05 Outback XT Limited
subydaddy
First Gear

Post by subydaddy »

Inline x2. That's how I have mine set up as well.