Osama Bin Laden...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

TurnNburn
Second Gear

Osama Bin Laden...

Post by TurnNburn »

Osama Bin Laden was just prenounced dead!!! Good Ridance to the worlds biggest douche!!!!
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Osama Bin Laden...

Post by entirelyturbo »

I'm very proud of the United States and especially our military, but we are now under a quite serious security threat.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

America needed this boost. Agreed though, don't let your guard down.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I like how they handled it, too—dumped into an anonymous part of the ocean, no way for whackos to make a shrine.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Agreed, I think they handled it pretty well. I'm curious though about the fact that some will say he's still alive and we faked this. Wonder if there will be any photos that get out.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

scroll down a little bit and read. its pretty interesting

click me
92 turbo legacy: RWD W58 SWAP, td04, 3"tbe, mbc, fmic, wrx brakes/hubs, wrx seats, welded 4.11, fcd, drift steering wheel, Drifting Stickers
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

Man, I thought he was killed years ago! Well now he's DOUBLE DEAD! lol.
Jesse James

Nintendo Technical Support Representative

Link To Nintendo Technical Support Thread
Ramsey Clark wrote:Who will protect the public when the police violate the law?
1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, the old days of parading an enemy's head around on the end of a pike definitely made verification more assured, perhaps satisfying, to the average citizen.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

evolutionmovement wrote:Yeah, the old days of parading an enemy's head around on the end of a pike definitely made verification more assured, perhaps satisfying, to the average citizen.
I would've been ok with this...
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

To parade his head or body around would make us no better than those who follow that ideology and spit on our dead soldiers. Speak softly and carry a big stick....
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I agree. That's why I like the way we handled it. I think I'm getting old. I KNOW I am and as a consequence of that and the last 8 months of meditation, I feel uncomfortable with people celebrating a death. Make no mistake that he needed to be put down, but I find the blood lust of the general public, particularly the majority who are too cowardly to do something so risky themselves as make a move in traffic, a bit disturbing. Celebrating closure for the families of the victims and the fact that this one monster is gone is natural and I'm not condemning that, but there's a fine line between doing what has to be done and vengeance, between celebrating the hope for peace (or understanding, a little more realistically), which comes from a mental and emotional center of power and hate and anger which comes from a weak center of fear. Vengeance is a violent mind state from the same level that Bin Laden and kind operate from and that is a lower evolution, much closer to monkey than the ideal man. It's taken me a while to come to terms with this, just as my main character takes 4 books to learn it. Violence leads to violence. I'm afraid that nothing was learned here, but that also wouldn't be anything new.

Perhaps, I'm splitting hairs in that if someone molested my kid, I'd want them to end up as lobster food, but if I were to do it, it would be to prevent it from happening to anyone else than because of revenge. Revenge is selfish, offering little to no comfort for the survivor of the crime. Nothing can change the past for them or anyone, but we can work to a brighter future. Sometimes that means taking a motherfucker out, but my long point is that it needs to be for the right reasons or else we descend to the level of monsters like Bin Laden. All of these conclusions come from a very personal level over many years of anger for me, so this isn't some New Age bullshit or the result of some intellectual exercise for me—they are very real issues I have wrestled with and still do to a degree. But, I've settled on my present direction because I prefer being at peace (at least some of the time) to being angry to no avail. Vengeance, also, is a kind of grudge, and holding a grudge only serves to give continued victory to the perpetrator of the original offense. But ultimately, I'm more use to my much loved rape survivor, my family, and my friends being here to help and support people than being in prison and the prick being dead (even though lobster gotta eat, too). Perhaps I just need my own SEAL team and I wouldn't have to compromise (that's sarcasm as I realize that the ivory tower escape doesn't preclude hypocrisy). Yikes, I need to get to bed.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Steve,

That's well said and very true.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

^+2
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

^+3

However, I am a firm believer that while man has no right, nor the authority, to pass final judgement on another human being - I do believe we have the right, and in some cases the authority, to remove a person from this earth and send them onto their final judgement.

This does not mean I believe in killing for vengence as Steve is right, killing for vengence only breeds and prolongs the evil.

However it does mean though, that I believe killing an evil bastard - whose goals and actions are to kill as many innocent people and cause as much terror and disruption in the world as possible - is fully justified and given the opportunity I would have gladly pulled the trigger myself.

If one believes in life after death, be it through a heaven or hell, re-incarnatation, or what have you - then by society removing someone from this physical world is not determining their ultimate fate but is rather making the decision they have no rightous place within our global society.

So that end - I say good ridence and here's to one less evil bastard on this world! Good job boys! (refering to the team that took him down)
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Exactly. It's a sometimes necessary thing to do. It's an unpleasant business and that's another thing that can be blamed on scumbags like Bin Laden (even if that risks sounding like the stereotype abusive husband—"Look what you made me do!" the context is different). Killing someone takes away a little bit of the killer's humanity (discounting sociopaths that have none to begin with) and it's all the more a sacrifice guys like SEAL Team 6 make for the rest of us. Though, I'm not sure how bad they feel about Bin Laden specifically.

I once offended a Hindu Indian woman (who was, unfortunately, hot) when she admonished me for killing a bug because she believes they may be reincarnations of people. So, I suggested that if they came back as bugs then they must have done something bad in their last life and she agreed. Then I suggested that we would be doing this person a favor and that if their karma has been balanced out, they can then be free to come back as something better. She never talked to me again, but I stand by my logic. In Bin Laden's case, he'd have a shit load of bug lives to come. I personally don't believe in that kind of reincarnation, but I enjoy the thought of it.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

^ Did she drive a car? If so, then her windshield had gallons of blood on its hands.

At the end of the day, bin Laden declared war on our country. The nature that enemy means eliminating it. End of story. We should make no apologies for going in and killing him, even if he was unarmed. I feel our administration has handled it reasonably well thus far.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I've been quoting Unforgiven a lot lately since I heard some cry baby on the radio who seems to believe in the made up ideals of some mythical 50's Hollywood Old West cultural rules bitching about how Bin Laden was shot unarmed, so I might as well do it again.

"You, sir, are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!"

"Well, he should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend."
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Dan - Exactly right in terms of an enemy. And I would agree, the administration has done a pretty decent job thus far.

With regards to shooting an unarmed person - if you've decided they are a threat you just shoot, no hesitation, you just shoot. That's a philosophy that's universally accepted and even taught hard to any civilian in a conceal carry class.

Or if you really feel bad about it, as an old man I once knew would say, "You can't shoot a man in the back, but if you shoot in the leg he'll turn around..."
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

While I'm not a fan of Obama's as some of you know, I'm willing to acknowledge that this happened on his watch. Furthermore, as everyone's been saying lately, he had the foresight, though it was risky, to send in troops to take him out tactically where we could confirm his death rather than to just blow the building up.

Nonetheless, Obama's job is still not done. Hussein is dead, and now bin Laden is dead. As far as I'm concerned, we have been avenged. We need to end these wars already and bring our soldiers home.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

quasi-mod-o i agree. as for bin laden being unarmed from what i heard on the news he was shooting at US Navy SEALS while holding an unarmed human hostage and somewhere with in the fire fight both were killed. as far as im concerned if that unarmed person was chilling with bin laden in his big 'ol mansion while evading capture im sure she wasnt there to help us in any way. just my opinion.
92 turbo legacy: RWD W58 SWAP, td04, 3"tbe, mbc, fmic, wrx brakes/hubs, wrx seats, welded 4.11, fcd, drift steering wheel, Drifting Stickers
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Killing him was really the best option for all involved, unfortunate as that may be. It would have been far worse for not only for bin Laden to have been captured, but would have made targets of all of us, especially anyone tasked with detaining, trying, or passing judgement onto him. Not to mention all of the publicity it would've created.
I believe the SEAL team was sent in with orders not to capture. And I commend them for having a hard job, and doing it well.
To all the whiny liberals in the media who assert that we should've brought him back alive and given him a fair trial, I suggest that they be the ones to house him during said trial.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

I wouldn't be suprised if he has either been dead for years, or is still alive. I don't believe a damn thing that the news/government tells us. I think that if the US Military REALLY wanted to find someone, I HIGHLY doubt it would take 10 years to do it. With how many guys we have over there, I'm pretty sure it COULD HAVE been done in a fraction of that time. And wait, Osama is dead, yet we are still over there spending billions of dollars building THEIR country up, when our country is going to shit....
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

This may sound like a tall tale, but my friend's friend (in the army), has a friend that was part of the group who found Bin Laden. And he sent my friend's friend, lol, a picture of Mr. Laden with a hole in his forehead, and a bunch of fat lumps and bruises on his face from when they shot, then kicked the living crap out of him. It looked pretty knarly, I about puked lookin at it. But as to whether or not it was real, I of course don't know %100, but it looked pretty real. I'll try to get the picture, but I don't think i'll be able to post it on here, due to it's graphic nature.
Jesse James

1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

i got the same pic... its a forward. Haven't you learned, pictures mean NOTHING these days. People can edit the living hell out of a picture and make it look like something completely different
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

Oh ok. My friend didn't tell me that. He just told me that it was Bin Laden and what had happened.
Jesse James

1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T