gas mileage

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Falken-18c
Second Gear

gas mileage

Post by Falken-18c »

ok so after removing my motor and replacing my clutch my car gets horible gas mileage i spent 200$ in gas & got a lil over 600km which i use to get 400km for about 50$. all i did was put 440 injecters in it i had 255 walbro fuel pump so idk if i installed somthing wrong inproper i also replaced spark plugs because my car was missing but i got to get better gas mileage then this
turbo-baron
In Neutral

Re: gas mileage

Post by turbo-baron »

I get about 100km to $30 with STI injectors and a walbro in my 92 auto leggy lol maybe 150 if I drive it nice..
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

Yea but it should get better then that. thats seems about the same but your still geting a lil better i cant aford to drive it lol i drive 500km back and fourth to work a week and its not great pay so its not worth it i better just go on ei lol make as much doing nothing
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I'm going to be an unhelpful ass, but my 2012 Focus has been averaging better than its advertised 36mpg highway with medium traffic and even very heavy traffic hasn't knocked a tank under 30 mpg and it runs on 87.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

lol ASS
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Did you get ecu tuning? 440's with the stock ecu will run horribly rich and you'll get bad gas mileage.
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

kk cool thats it im gunna put the other ones back in im just gunna take the fuel rails off an switch the rails
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Alphius wrote:Did you get ecu tuning? 440's with the stock ecu will run horribly rich and you'll get bad gas mileage.

What he said. There's no reason to put 440's in unless you have the engine management to control them.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
turbo-baron
In Neutral

Post by turbo-baron »

evolutionmovement wrote:I'm going to be an unhelpful ass, but my 2012 Focus has been averaging better than its advertised 36mpg highway with medium traffic and even very heavy traffic hasn't knocked a tank under 30 mpg and it runs on 87.
Yeh thats great! But who the hell wants to drive a Focus? lol
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

lol yea i switched them back it is better on gas but should still be a bit better lol i changed my plugs should i change my plug wires
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The new Focus is better than Mazda 3, which is better than the rest of the competition (except for the fucking stability system the government has mandated every 2012 car have and not ONE pansy auto journalist mentioned with all their reviews claiming "spirited driving" or other cliche they use) unless you want something soft like the Hyundai or Chevy and is their global C-class car, not the POS they were making until recently. Seeing as it's the only car that doesn't suck to drive that can get near 40 mpg and the factory can't produce them fast enough, I'd say there are plenty of people who want them. Still, they should've renamed it. They have the Falcon name just sitting around doing nothing.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
turbo-baron
In Neutral

Post by turbo-baron »

How much did you pay for it? $12,000-$14,000. See with that money you could get a version 8 sti drivetrain put in a leggy then pick up a 98ish suzuki swift as DD for $500-$600 get 40mpg and blow the doors off of focus's I guess I'm just old fashion lol. In all seriousness I'm not trying to be an ass. It's dead at work and I'm bored haha