WTB. Alternator

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

WTB. Alternator

Post by Danny-G »

If you hadn't seen, the alternator is toast in my '93. If someone has one with less than 260k on it that would be great. I can't get a new one at the moment and the junkyard will have a heavy charge for one. Thanks in advance.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Re: WTB. Alternator

Post by originalcyn »

Danny, i pulled one out of mine to do the high out put alternator swap. It's kind of a far drive, but if you want to you can come grab it. My car has a total of 152k miles, and i think i've done the alternator once before, so it should have less than about 70k on it.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

ive got one with under 75k on it. i live in bellingham. idk how much shipping would be but it would fit in one of those "if it fits it ships" boxes from usps for not very much.
92 turbo legacy: RWD W58 SWAP, td04, 3"tbe, mbc, fmic, wrx brakes/hubs, wrx seats, welded 4.11, fcd, drift steering wheel, Drifting Stickers
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

Got mine tested today and it had a stuck brush so I no longer need one. Thanks for the quick responses though.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Yeah, no worries. If you have all those lights you want want to check into that high output alternator we talked about though. What did you go with for your battery?
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L