Random No start...HELP!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Snow-Attack
First Gear

Random No start...HELP!

Post by Snow-Attack »

recently bought my first 1992 turbo wagon . haven't had it do this on a warm start up but only when its cold it just clicks and doesn't do anything. let it sit for 5-10min and it will start. the no start is just a random occurrence. i've tried putting it in neutral and that doesn't change anything.... it does have a aftermarket alarm/remote start/keyless entry... you guys have any ideas on this one?

thanks
Ben
1994 subaru legacy
MI winter package heated seats,mirrors,dark grey interior,5MT 202k,wrx 16" wheels
1992 Touring Wagon LE
td04 turbo,wrx tmic,tinted windows,sti pink struts,lowering springs,16" wheels,wrx brakes,remote start,keyless entry,alarm
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Random No start...HELP!

Post by Legacy777 »

The problem is likely worn starter solenoid contacts. You can replace the contacts with new ones pretty easily and cheaply.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41495
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

i second what josh was saying. Honestly, I got a starter from a junkyard for $17 so if you can get a new starter for cheap I'd just do that, but you can certainly do the contacts as well. I did mine and still had some issues with it. The ones the dealer gave me were shaped differently that the ones I pulled off, so I'm guessing the new ones didn't have as much surface contact.
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

+1 with josh i had same problem thats what fixed mine.