One lap of America Suby

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jefferson
Third Gear

One lap of America Suby

Post by jefferson »

I was going through old magazines and found that a 92 touring wagon won the station wagon class in the 92 Car and Driver one lap of America. Drivers were listed as Jeff Boyce, Gary Magwood, and Bob Vilas. Just an interesting bit of info I thought I would put out there.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Re: One lap of America Suby

Post by beatersubi »

Thats cool. I've always thought the One Lap sounds like a fun event to compete in. I've never had the time or money, though.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Would you please get me the issue and page? I've got a lot of stuff in the Gallery and access to most C&D issues. I'd like to add that one to the Gallery with the FIA Endurance stuff.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
soobrdad02
First Gear

Post by soobrdad02 »

Hope you guys can find and post the article, this sounds AWESOME!
"All four wheels spin? Huh, that's AWD..."

*1991 Legacy wagon, 4EAT, n/a*
*1966 Chevrolet C-10 pick-'em-up*
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

DLC wrote:Would you please get me the issue and page? I've got a lot of stuff in the Gallery and access to most C&D issues. I'd like to add that one to the Gallery with the FIA Endurance stuff.
Let us know when you do. Sounds like a good read.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

It was the Sept. 92 issue of Car and Driver. I don't know that it was mentioned in the article, I just noticed the mention in the results.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.