weird check engine light

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

slipknot51
First Gear

weird check engine light

Post by slipknot51 »

I have a 1991 subaru legacy ss and i have been dealing with the check engine light for ever and the codes i have been getting have been changing and changing for some reason. I check codes this time and i have flash codes 21,22,and 49 i have recently replaced the knock sensor with a new one and i noticed that i went from the default 5.5 psi to 8 now which is nice. i dont have any running issues or performance issues the car runs and drives like a champ i haven't done any diag on the coolant sensor but i did for the maf and wiring looks good and sensor ohms out correct but i know that the coolant temp sensor is working right two because the gauge never reads anything funny just wondering on other peoples thought and what i should try to do
92 T- leg Tdo4/top mount,3" inch exhaust ,5 speed 2.5 rs trans, sti seats Wrx rear seats kartboy short throw shifter,Kyb gr2 struts
08 Spec b Legacy
subydaddy
First Gear

Re: weird check engine light

Post by subydaddy »

Have you erased the codes or run in D check mode yet?

http://legacycentral.org/library/literature/codes.htm
04 Impreza WRX Sedan - Sold
06 Impreza 2.5i Wagon - Sold
92 Legacy SS Sedan - Sold
94 Legacy L Wagon
02 Rendezvous CXL
91 Legacy L Sedan FWD
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah I would suggest running the d-check mode to try and determine if there are any "active" codes stored. Try that and let us know what you find out.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
slipknot51
First Gear

Post by slipknot51 »

Sweet I'll have to try that the next time i get the chance that is some nice information that you posted on here.
92 T- leg Tdo4/top mount,3" inch exhaust ,5 speed 2.5 rs trans, sti seats Wrx rear seats kartboy short throw shifter,Kyb gr2 struts
08 Spec b Legacy