FS: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 6MT Type RA (Spec C)

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
SubaruWRC
In Neutral

FS: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 6MT Type RA (Spec C)

Post by SubaruWRC »

I have a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 6MT Type RA (Spec C) transmission for sale. This is a tarmac-specific non-DCCD transmission, with matching rear R180 differential.

I sourced this transmission a few years ago from a track-prepped TEIN sponsored JDM GC8 circuit racer shipped to the US which was then to be installed into my personal track car.

Currently, the transmission is torn down at the shop. It needs a new 1st and 2nd gear and a few misc parts. The transmission contains steel shift forks, worth at least $1400 alone. Case is in near perfect condition, no shelling or other damage. Current damage occurred because oil drain plug fell out while driving.

I'd like to make up the $1400 for the shift forks. Buyer will need to pay for shipping from Tacoma, WA.

This transmission is parts compatible with USDM 2004 STI.
luksicman1
In Neutral

Re: FS: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 6MT Type RA (Spec C)

Post by luksicman1 »

How much do you think the parts needed to fix this would be?? I'm going to be selling
my legacy wagon sti swap soon that was actually built at pia and owned by steve.. ha
anyways.. I'll be building a ej257 impreza wagon swap that I can bar legally here in cali
and I have a guy here in town that builds sti blocks quite often for cheap cash up front, so I'm
good there but the tranny is almost a bigger part of the swap especially with the rear diff
and everything so I'd like to get that taken care of, I got someone looking to buy my car
soon and will have 9k to start with so I want to buy the impreza wagon, sti engine,wiring harness, turbo, etc. and drivetrain of course and go from there.. So can I buy this tranny for 1400 or whatever you were looking for in about a month or so when I sell my car? maybe stash it out of the way somewhere for me until I finalize this sale( already have a kid interested from WA for my asking price), I could hook you up
with a bit of extra cash for saving it for my build!
SubaruWRC
In Neutral

Post by SubaruWRC »

Here is the gearing information for reference:

JDM Impreza WRX STi RA Spec C MY02 (also S202)
TY856WB2GA

1st - 3.636
2nd - 2.375
3rd - 1.761
4th - 1.346
5th - 1.062
6th - 0.842
Reverse - 3.545

Final Drive - 3.900
Center Diff - Viscous (4kgf)
Front Diff - A.P. Suretrac
SubaruWRC
In Neutral

Post by SubaruWRC »

luksicman1 wrote:How much do you think the parts needed to fix this would be?? I'm going to be selling
my legacy wagon sti swap soon that was actually built at pia and owned by steve.. ha
anyways.. I'll be building a ej257 impreza wagon swap that I can bar legally here in cali
and I have a guy here in town that builds sti blocks quite often for cheap cash up front, so I'm
good there but the tranny is almost a bigger part of the swap especially with the rear diff
and everything so I'd like to get that taken care of, I got someone looking to buy my car
soon and will have 9k to start with so I want to buy the impreza wagon, sti engine,wiring harness, turbo, etc. and drivetrain of course and go from there.. So can I buy this tranny for 1400 or whatever you were looking for in about a month or so when I sell my car? maybe stash it out of the way somewhere for me until I finalize this sale( already have a kid interested from WA for my asking price), I could hook you up
with a bit of extra cash for saving it for my build!
PM sent