It's venting time.......

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's venting time.......

Post by Legacy777 »

Well.....you wouldn't believe if I told you....but I'm going to tell you anyway.

I walk out to my car this morning and as I'm walking out I notice there isn't an orange piece at the corner lense......then as I get closer I see someone has backed into the driver's side corner lense, busted it all to hell, bent the very end of the pointy fender, and scuffed the top of the bumper.

Well....at this point I was about ready to kill someone. I get up to the car and see something on my windshield. It was a note from a neighbor. He said he heard my alarm go off and came out and saw that someone had hit it. Well apparently there was a guy out there that saw the whole thing happen and wrote down there license number.

The neighbor that saw this happen came out in the morning. He probably heard me beep my alarm, or possible the large quanities of profanity coming out my mouth. He said basically what I posted above....and said it looked like a white explorer, and that it was parked right down a few parking spots. We went and took a look at it. Right rear bumper had scuff & paint marks on it. I took pictures of the bumper as well as the license plate. I also took pictures of my car and everything all fubared.

I called the guy who saw it. He said his wife has his car and the plate # is in there. So he's going to probably call me back later this afternoon. Hopefully it will confirm with the number I have on the white explorer.

The only good thing about this is it's the same fender that has the chip in it, so when I get this fixed, the chip will be fixed, and the body shop won't have to eat the cost.

I'm not sure if I should try and contact the individual myself. Not sure how I can do that. Other then put a note on their car, if I see it. I've thought about going to the property management and asking them to look in their records and I'd write up a note and they can put it on this person's door.....because they probably won't give me that info.

Or if I should just go straight to the police. I will probably stop by the police station today and get the "blue" form as they like to call it here in texas, and also ask the police officers' their opinion on what I should do.

Technically what happened is a hit & run, and I have the info and documentation to put their ass in a sling BIG TIME!! Since technically a hit & run is a felony......

We'll see....I need to confirm the plate # and see what sort of response I get back from the officers and my realty office.

Accidents do happen.....but taking off without letting someone know is absolutely wrong!

I've had more shit happen to this car in the past year then it has seen its entire life!!!!

I need a f@#ing garage, and I need to just park it in there and not drive it on a daily basis.

On a side note....the neighbor that heard the alarm. They have a 91 legacy wagon. It's in pretty bad shape cosmetically.....not sure on the running gear and such.....but he's mentioned to me before that they're looking to get rid of it, and asked if I wanted it as a parts car. If everything was mechanically sound.....I'd probably drive the sucker and leave mine parked in a safe place.......

Not to be deragotory towards any particular sex.....but from what my neighbor and the witness said.....the driver was a woman :roll: Which of course does not surprise me......no offense to any of the skilled & attentive woman drivers.....

Anyway....I'm a little perturbed.....and don't want to be working right now........
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

Parts car? Did I hear someone say parts car? :D
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

OMG JOSH!! You've had about as much bad luck with your legacy as I had with mine!! I feel your pain, especially since you just got the car back. I say you go after the person who hit you directly first. If she denies any of it, don't even bother with trying to argue with her . . . go tell your insurance company that your car was hit by a driver that ran, and that you have all the documentation to prove it, and let them handle the situation . . . The last thing you need is to have to be caught in the middle of all this crap. Let the insurance company deal with it . . . I'm sure they'd get the police involved, and if they don't, GET THE POLICE INVOLVED YOURSELF!!

Unless, of course, you want to take bribes.

Geez!! I'm so pissed right now at reading this shiet! Getting flashbacks of that DWI mofo that hit my car and tried to run, and when arrested told the cops, "go ahead and arrest me, I'll buy my way out of this."

ARRRRRRGGGHHHH!! Nail this person to the wall!! *rant off*
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

If the plates match just call the police, they will do the rest for you.

Hit and run is a pretty big deal
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Damn.

You're luckier than many people, though, in that you can track down who hit you, and you have witnesses.

I'd say to go file the police report and then see what they can do. I think in some states they can give you the other driver's insurance contact info; I have heard of a similar situation in which the victim of a hit & run caught the license plate, filed a police report, called the offender's insurance company, and they sent over a claims adjuster and then sent him a check.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah.....seeing I don't really know this person....nor where they live.....it'd make trying to communicate a little difficult.

I'll see how things play out this afternoon....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I am extremely sorry to hear about your misfortune Josh. Having had a hit and run happen to my fiancee recently I definitely sympathize. Her '00 RS was hit, Hard, in the drivers side rear door. It happened in the middle of the night and the person did not leave a note. I was SUPER pissed, but my fiancee was even more so. We had to have it fixed as the door wouldn't even open. Needless to say, she's out the $250 deductible and there's no way we can ever find the pussy who did this. F*cking SAVAGES!!! I say you contact them directly and if they give you ANY lip you just get the authorities involved.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
NuwanD
Second Gear

Post by NuwanD »

Sorry to hear about your car, i've had lots of bad luck last summer with my moms '91 legacy, first i get rear ended hard, and after a month of clearing that up and eventually getting the repairs done someone backs into the drivers side door in a parking lot. I was upset cause the car was mint before and had all original parts, now it has two collisions under its belt... it's sad when your local repair show reckognizes you when you walk in.

Hope everythin turns out well for you... best of luck :)
Nuwan
1992 Open Class Legacy Turbo
2004 Forester XT
2000 Impreza 2.5RSC (Supercharged)
1990 Rover Mini 1000
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

To top off this crappy day I just backed into someone in a gas station. It's all my fault and I'm SOOOOO pissed at myself. I don't really want to involve the insurance company because they'll just take it out on me for years to come. On the other hand if I end up paying for it myself I'll have zero money for anything for a long time. I'm such a f*cking idiot!

-Brian(hating himself)
'04 PSM FXT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

It's alright brian......I felt the same way when I had my accident this summer.

If you can swing it....pay for it yourself......I did it that way because I didn't want my rates to go up....even though I'm not sure if they would or not.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I was already planning on it Josh. I can't afford to have my rates go up any more than I can afford to pay for it myself. So I'll be paying for it myself now instead of paying for it for the rest of my life in the form of an insurance company that looks at me as a risk. Sad but true :( I'm still super depressed about the whole thing though.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Oh God, Josh. I'm so sorry. That is complete bullshit. You've had your car back for only how many days??? I agree with boost, reading that really pisses me off. I agree, take this like they totalled your car. It's one thing to hit somebody, but it's different when you haul ass after you do it.

Again, if I'm stupid enough to do something like that, I make sure that I do whatever is necessary to rectify the situation. I would feel absolutely horrible if I took off...

And, Brian, it's my turn to offer you support after I screwed up. It happens. We all have lives. We have other things on our mind. It is humanly impossible to devote 100% of your attention to driving 100% of the time. But we have to learn lessons from our mistakes. I know what I did wrong and you know what you did wrong, so let's both make it a point to prevent those mistakes from happening again...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

let's both make it a point to prevent those mistakes from happening again...
I hear ya and am already working on it. Thanks for all the support guys, it is very much appreciated.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

man, that sucks. your car is in such nice shape. but every time I see you post in the misc forum, it's cause of some twit that decided to share some paint and metal with you. it's only happened to me once, and it was an SUV. I'll assume the driver was a woman by all the tacky "hello kitty" stuff. I, too, won't generalize about woman drivers. I just thought I'd throw that out there. anyways, she parked literally 6 inches away from me, leaving a solid 2-3 feet on the other side of her. then instead of re-setting her car so she has more room, she decides to go ahead and nail my fender with her door. I can just picture the "duh?" that that produced. well, somehow my key got all over her car. so I felt better. I scolded the key and told it that it really shouldn't be doing things like that, but I'm proud of it all the same.
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

IggDawg wrote:well, somehow my key got all over her car. so I felt better. I scolded the key and told it that it really shouldn't be doing things like that, but I'm proud of it all the same.
ROTFL......oh man.....that was just too funny. I know that's not right....but I hear ya.....I'd probably be mega pissed.....not sure what sort of thing I would do.....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Some handicapped people I talked to once came up with a good way to reward people who illegally parked in handicapped spots.

You pull the valve stem caps off the tires, stick in a tiny pebble, and screw them back on. The pebble presses the valve so the air is slowly released. Even if they're actually aware enough to notice the low air, they can fill it up and it'll still leak right out after a couple days.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

^^^^
That is pure GENIOUS!!
*gears turning*
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

Don't tell me that will be the news headline tonight: "In the US today, a sudden rash of flat tires has all the tire manufacturers scratching their heads" :lol:

Sorry to hear about everyone's problems with their cars. Honestly, I'm waiting for some idiot to actually hit me or for me to pull something extremely moronic while driving.
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

IggDawg wrote:well, somehow my key got all over her car. so I felt better. I scolded the key and told it that it really shouldn't be doing things like that, but I'm proud of it all the same.
Hahaha! Very funny! Hey, what goes around comes around. That key had a right to be angry, if I sat in a hot ignition switch for hours on end, I'd have some issues too :lol: :lol: !!!

Tire thing is very cool! No one better slam their door into mine again :twisted: ...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok