Birth Day Blues :(

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

GizMo22t
First Gear

Birth Day Blues :(

Post by GizMo22t »

So today is April the 16th, my 22nd B-day. It is 1:50 or so in the AM and I'm sitting here typing on the computer :( . My car is broken :( . I have to spend my B-day resolving the problem. (I have a post in the engine section if you would like to look and help me out.)

My parents gave me $250 for my B-day. I would like to spend it on useless stuff that I don't need But No, I have to fix my car....... I just hope that I don't have to spend much to fix my car, everyone need's useless stuff. I'm sure all of you know what I mean.

All I want for my birth day is stuff I can take apart or just look at and wonder what it does. Maybe I can get a 1/18 Scale model car or a turbo timer. I would love to have an Apex-i AFC or an AVC-R something to entertain me when I'm driving. ( It's a bad habit) Let's just hope that my car needs something stupid and cheep to replace.

I have a pretty good collection of 1/18 scale car's. My favorite is my Impreza 22b. Enough rambling I'm going to bed so I can get up and fix my car tomorrow.... Thanks all for listening to me ramble.

P.S. If any of you have B-day blues stories you'd like to tell please don't hesitate. I could use a good story.......
Mo
93touring wagon
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

I'm the king of birthday madness . . .

My birthday was on Feb 18th. If you don't know, that big-ass snowstorm that blew through the east coast was the weekend before my birthday. Driving up to a friend's place on Friday night (the night before the storm) my car suddenly died with an alternator problem. The car also happened to die on a snow emergency route :?

So we pushed the car on the side of the road in the grass past the shoulder in a ditch (I didn't want it hit by a plow). It snowed on Sat and through Sun, even till Monday. We got something like 28+ inches!!

Spent the whole weekend worrying:
1. whether my car was towed before the storm hit (unlikely since the towing companies refused to tow my car because of the location I was in and the coming storm).
2. whether I was ticketed for leaving my car in a snow emergency route and the car was impounded (likely, because the cops have their own towing facilities).
3. whether my car was totally smashed up by a snowplow that either didn't see my car or by some miscreant driver that wanted to wrck havoc.

I got a a couple friends to help me get my car out of the ditch. Lo and behold we couldn't find the car for a good thirty minutes. It was completely buried under the snow save for a little bit of the rear passenger window!

Took us a good 6 hours to dig the car out and to randomly flag down a tow truck that happened to be passing our way. Dropped the car off at a parking lot that was plowed as that was the only place the tow truck would take the car. Mind you it was already 2am, two hours into my birthday.

The next day I went to the dealership, picked up an alternator, and installed it on my car. Happy Birthday!

If that doesn't make you feel a little better then maybe this will . . . Two years ago my fiancee of two years (gf of 10 years) broke things off with me on my birthday . . . two days later, she moved in with my best friend :(

Don't worry, other people have gone through some pretty crappy birthdays :(

Hope today goes better for you as the day progresses . . .
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
GizMo22t
First Gear

Re: Birth day blues

Post by GizMo22t »

Well, the day didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I did end up working on my car all day but the majority of the work was me just playing around.

The day started out at 2:00pm with me pulling my fuel pump out and trading a clutch for a 350 fuel pump. 3:00pm Got the car running. The fuel pump worked fine and the car runs awesome 4:00pm I still had the money I got for my B-day so I decided to go and get something I have always wanted, a Dremmel. 5:00pm After purchasing the dremmel I decided to make my car look better. 6:00 I went to my parents garage and pulled the hood scoop and front grill off. I cut the hood scoop at the line around the scoop. (Made the opening twice as big.) Cut the grill where the paint stooped right in front of it. Got some wire mesh, painted the mesh black. got it fastened to the scoop and grill. Looks very good. I will try to get pictures in the Body section. 10:00 (Yea it took me a long time to get them done to my specs.)

After that I went to Ft. Collins, met some friends and sat around and talked. About 12:30 Am roles around so I levee Ft. Collins and go home and end up talking to my room mate until 4:00 am. Although I didn't do much I still had a good B-day all in all..

P.S. Thanks for the story it was nice to here from someone else.
Mo
93touring wagon