"Can't.....grab....food"

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

"Can't.....grab....food"

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

My roommate and I went out to eat tonight and I drove my daily. We brought home some leftovers in one of those foam containers and had it resting on the dash in front of him. Sitting at a stop-light near our apartment, I decided to launch her pretty hard. My roommate wasn't really expecting it, and has never been in a decently quick car. Light turned green, I took off, and before you know it I was approaching my road. It was a little shorter than a 1/4. As I'm slowin down, my roommate says, "Dude, I couldn't even reach out to get the food." Grant it, he's never been in a quick car before, but still, this made me proud of my subaru, especially for what little I've done to her. I can tell, this car has a lot of potential, and I can't wait until I can get some real power to the ground.
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Best compliment I got in my car was quite unintentional. Took a girl I grew up with for a ride along with her dad (about 440 lbs of people...). I'm just telling them about the car in general and niether knew a thing about turbos. I'm driving like a grandma then say "it's a normal car until about 3 thousand rpm..." then nail it. I'm thinkin dang there's too much weight but she said right away "you gotta be kidding me!" all puzzled like... I was impressed by the comment.

Another kid was amazed that it pushed him into the seat... said he hadn't felt anything like that since his dad had some 400 horse blah blah blah. I was just thinkin he was a retard cuz I didn't warm the car up enough and it was pullin hard at all... but at least he was impressed. And he said he could never have told by looking at the car... well, duh that's a sleeper is all about :twisted:
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
paf
First Gear

Post by paf »

anyone in NB willing to take me for a ride in a turbo legacy... I want to feel the power!
1990 FWD Legacy Wagon Base
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Yeah my friends like my car too. Among them they own cars like lesabres Rangers, Saturns, RX-7s sunfires, preludes etc... Anyways they tend to comment on my car positively. One guy said he never felt so pushed into his seat before :D Im only running 10 psi on stock everything. I can't wait to take him for a spin when I get my IC and exhaust done. :twisted:

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

My grilfriend complains I give her whiplash alot.. I pull clutchless shifts alot, and generally drive waaay too hard for this old car. Poor thing.. da well.. I'm over it.

Also, I took out this artsy kid in my film class to get some some footage of me drifting around in a snowstorm for our project (car chase scene) the kid could not belive the power the car had.. and how fast it was going on snow/ice. Then when I did a weight transfer on a backroad at 90km/h 3rd to 2nd gear for some sitchbacks.. the guy just started laughing like a schoolgirl. Last time I saw him he was putting around in a loyale after he sold one of his digi cams :D
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
1991 Legacy Turbo - 5spd, JDM EJ20 conversion
1985 RX sedan - dual range 4WD, 5spd (P4 rally car)
random aircraft....
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Heh. I should try that sometime:

ME: Hey, can you grab my sunglasses real quick from the dash?
FRIEND: Sure, lemme . . .
ME *accelerating HARD*
FRIEND: GEEZUS CHRISTMAS!!!
ME *slowing down*
FRIEND *finally grabs glasses*
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I took a friend out when i first got my car and he said he had never felt such a smooth consistant accelaration[above 3000 rpm].it felt good since he had a tricked out 5.0 mustang lx 89,which happens to be one of the fastest cars ive ever riden in.but even he had to admit that id smoke him in handling and in any kind of distance where speed was 100+,fords tend to run hot
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]