I am so pumped

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

totech
Second Gear

I am so pumped

Post by totech »

After finally chasing down all of the vaccum leaks and replacing all of the broken plastics under the hood, my car is actually running very well today.

I should not be surprized though, it is a Subaru of course, but after owning it for about 4 months, it has always been rough, and I was getting disheartened.

I actually have power now, and it has been putting a smile on my face all day.

Now if I could figure out all of my exhaust leaks!!!!

Cross 2 more items on the list off only 10 more to go!!

Love these cars!!
08 GE - SWP
96 BG - SGP
96 CX - EBP
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Good to hear you got everything straightened out!!

I had a similar experience when my car started overheating this weekend. At first I was scared SH*TLESS thinkin it was a blown headgasket (I was boosting pretty hard), and when I pulled over I ssaw coolant blown ALL OVER THE ENGINE!!

I limped it home and then went through checking all of the hoses. Apparently, the throttle body coolant hose ruptured causing the coolant loss. Used a fuel line as a fix and now the car runs fine again!!

Another testament (to me at least) that the older subes seem to be much better built than my 97 GT (HATED THAT CAR!!)
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
NuwanD
Second Gear

Post by NuwanD »

I'd have to agree with you. I've had an 87 xt turbo, my legacy turbo a 91 legacy and a forester.

The better built cars were the older ones, even the xt is a bit better than my legacy in terms of paint, the forester has very very thin paint and chips very easily. The newer cars are missing the little things that make a subaru a subaru i find. Still better than the rest however :D
Nuwan
1992 Open Class Legacy Turbo
2004 Forester XT
2000 Impreza 2.5RSC (Supercharged)
1990 Rover Mini 1000