Ever been in a gay bar?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I don't know about you, Jason, but I haven't ever walked up to a girl, stone sober, and said "your hot" to her face, and look her up and down.

*shudder*

Whatever his lifestyle is, that's cool and I can respect that. But I would appreciate it if he would have respected MY lifestyle and avoided that scenario all together.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I have. I do it all the time, it's just I get more eloquent when I get more inebrieted. Does that make me gay? Kinda? (hah, it means no matter WHO I pick up, I'm still an alcoholic!)
But, yes, for some creepy fellows, that's what alot of women go thru. Ah, more enlightening than a la maz class...
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:I've had gay friends, but never been to their bars.. any fun, though?
I wouldn't say it was fun but I had to see what it was like. I had guys giving me some pretty hungry glances in there. I also recognized some folks in there I didn't know were gay. I learned something from it though and that is what a cute girl feels like when she walks into a bar full of horny beer soaked testoserone. It gave me the creeps. I hope I don't look like that when I look at chicks in a bar....geez.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

BAC5.2 wrote:I don't know about you, Jason, but I haven't ever walked up to a girl, stone sober, and said "your hot" to her face, and look her up and down.

*shudder*

Whatever his lifestyle is, that's cool and I can respect that. But I would appreciate it if he would have respected MY lifestyle and avoided that scenario all together.
I don't personally do that approach (acutally, I don't really approach too many girls and "hit" on them), however, several of my girl friends have commented that the typically cocky "cool-guy" uses that approach.

I've been confronted by some gay guys in a gay bar. Some of them, when I note that I'm straight are cool with that, and apologize. Then there are others who proceed to continue trying to hit on me. And that I cannot stand. These guys resemble the guys my girl friends talk about, unfortunately.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

yeah, the guys that don't take no for an answer..

is this thread supposed to make us think about how we approach women? I've been re-thinking my strategies lately..
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

There's no one way to approach women in my opinon. Different women will respond to different things....same goes forguys.

There's some general stuff that is pretty common.....and you can use......but the trick is finding someone, and then being able to "read" them and determine how to approach them.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I've been paralyzed when it comes to women for a while now. I'm slowly getting my confidence back and I think that you just have to swallow your fears of rejection and take a chance. You've got to be a man about it but not pushy even though persistence is what some women like. If you have to push though be prepared to do whatever it takes to hold on, tough to win, hard to keep.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I guess that's one of my issues.....if they want me to work that hard to keep them.....I feel something's not right, and they're in it for different reasons.....therefore....they can go bye bye.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Yeah, I had a hard time recognizing that with my last ex.. sweet girl, really, but just not for me... besides, I should have known when there's a line of dudes a mile and fucking half long, all with poems in hand. --and they've only just met her!
Down with high-maintenance women. Moms everywhere need to teach their girls the old ways. ...get men by scrubbing floors. :D
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

There's a balance.....I don't want some super high maintenance woman.....but I don't want one that does everything....it'd be cool at first, but it wouldn't work long term with my personality.

So somewhere in the middle would be nice.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I also have to agree with the "persistence pays off" thing. I know several chicks (one which I'm trying for right now) who will actually turn every guy down the first time he asks her out, not because she's not interested, but because she's trying to figure out his motive. If he just wants to screw her, he'll give up and go elsewhere. If he's truly interested, he'll keep trying until he gets somewhere.

The other thing I'm learning (and while it may seem obvious, many guys don't do this) is the #1 thing you have to do is make the ladies laugh. I almost think women have their funny bone nervously tied directly to their clitoris, because women who think a guy is funny will instantly be attracted to him. You can be as intelligent and multi-faceted an individual as you want, but if you're not funny, you're going to have a very difficult time.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok