Honda truck (nice)

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Hehe good spot, just over two weeks ago too, so much for short term memory....
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
legacycontinues
Voluntarily Dismissed

Post by legacycontinues »

I think the ridgeline looks like the chevy avalanche. Maybe it is the same truck with different cladding.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

It's not the same truck as the Avalanche.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

BAC5.2 wrote:I really like the Titan though. Nissan got it's shit right with that thing.

Word to the nth degree. ;)
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Am I the only one who would have a small Tacoma or a Frontier any day of the week over an Tundra or Titan??
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
92 Le-Turbo-SS
First Gear

Post by 92 Le-Turbo-SS »

come on..... it's bufugly

[quote="Yukonart"]Take what money you have left, buy some beer, and drunk drift that biatch later tonight! :lol:[/quote]
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Am I the only one who would have a small Tacoma or a Frontier any day of the week over an Tundra or Titan??
Perhaps. . . the Tundra's done a decent job the last few years of catching up to the domestics. . . but the Titan. . . the Titan's starting to beat some of them at their own game. :lol:
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Am I the only one who would have a small Tacoma or a Frontier any day of the week over an Tundra or Titan??
I dunno, all depends on what your using it for.

I often found myself needing more truck than my Ranger was, be it power, room (interior or exterior), or sheer size.

I do like the Frontier, but I can't stand a full size downhill bike in the back, so that already kind of tosses it out of the running.

I get along just fine with the Subaru, and my dad has a longbed F150 4x4 that I can use if necessary.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

My dad has thought about a small pickup instead of the old conversion/utility van. The Tocama's aren't bad and for my dad it'd be about right for what he uses the van for and would get better milage. But the Tocama, until recently it's been catching up, hasn't really been a work truck. Depends on use I guess but not for me.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

My grandfather had an 85 Nissan pickup, and I loved that truck so much. If it hadn't been stolen in my 8th grade year, I would have had that truck for my first vehicle.

At one point, he put 25 80-lb bags of concrete in the bed (that's right people, 1 TON) and the mixing stuff as well. He said it drove just fine with all that in there, just a bit slower obviously :)

If you ask me, those old Japanese pickups are the real workhorses. Sure they're no F450 turbodiesel, but they're still tough and strong for what they are...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I like those late 80's early 90s Nissans, but they rotted to all hell. A jacked up one would be sick.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Am I the only one that thinks the Titan looks ugly as sin? I mean, the packaging and features are pretty nice, but the side profile is heinous, and there's just something about the front end that doesn't sit right.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Nissan's truck styling is odd. I really don't like that the new Xterra is going to look just like the Armada. They might as well forget separate names if the styling is going to be the same. Armada small would be more fitting.
90 L+ wgn
legacycontinues
Voluntarily Dismissed

Post by legacycontinues »

Look at the ridgeline! It looks just like a chevy avalanche but with different pieces here and there.

I had an 85 and 86 Nissan/Datsun pick-up. I Slammed both of them into the weeds. In the 86 I installed crazy hydraulics including a double-Z rack for the bed. It was an extended cab so I put 6 15's in there. That thing was sick! Then I knocked up my GF and sold it to by a (mid-life chrisis) Honda accord. DAMN YOU B***H!! DAMN YOU!!
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

The Avalanche is a full-size. The Ridgeline is a compact. Not the same class. Not the same size. Not the same design. Not the same engine. Not the same drivetrain. Not even with companies in the realm of sameness. Not the same truck.

206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

yes, its irrelevant to compare fullsizes to compacts. for some stuff you simply need a fullsize. try carrying a yard or two of busted up concrete with a 4cyl compact. that will kill the truck pretty quickly. compact trucks are a lot more fun though.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

seems like it makes good power from a 3.5 liter V6 tho... comparing it to other trucks in its class.
00 5MT AWD 2.5 RS - New Project