ej22t into a loyale?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

ej22t kid
First Gear

ej22t into a loyale?

Post by ej22t kid »

has it been done yet? my dads motor in his loyale is shot and i got a spare legacy engine. im thining a new mouse inthe cage will give it a little pep.
(91 turbo sleeper to be)- RIP

I miss my legacy :(
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

It can be done, and has been done with the EJ22E many times. The EJ22T would just be a few more wires.

Look for a friend of mine, Numbchux, over on the USMB. He does the swaps and also does the harness conversions.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
86ruguy
Second Gear

Post by 86ruguy »

As with the turbo swap on a Legacy, you have to have a turbo C/M if you plan on putting a turbo motor into the Loyale. If the Loyale is a non-turbo then you will have to replace the C/M with one out of a turbo GL or Loyale. There will be more info on the EJ22 type swap Here..... http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/for ... y.php?f=29

I used to have a GL wagon that I put an EJ22 in and it MAKES ONE HECK OF A DIFFERENT CAR!!!!!!

G/L with the swap.
92wagon (wife's)
92 5mtwagon white(recently re-aquired)
92 sedan (sold)
91 ss no mods (sold)
88 GL Wagon (broken)
ThreeEyedBandit
In Neutral

Post by ThreeEyedBandit »

You can do it without swapping the crossmember but will have to be creative and build a new up pipe. But if your going to take the time to do it, find a turbo cross member and just swap it(this is what I wish I did).

It will turn the car into a different animal, and you will never want another EA-82 in it again :). Go to the USMB and look at the Subaru conversion forum, piles of good info there.

Matt
ej22t kid
First Gear

Post by ej22t kid »

ha i figures some one had but its fun to be he first. i got a spare cross member but if i didn't id just modify the existing one i weld all day and have some fabbing under my belt. what i wold really like is to move the engine behind the front wheels and make it RRD i got a welded dif for the rear lsd would be best but budget build.

what about suspension i thinki i could use a porche koni in the rear and maybe a custom strut type for the front?
(91 turbo sleeper to be)- RIP

I miss my legacy :(
ThreeEyedBandit
In Neutral

Post by ThreeEyedBandit »

If I rember right, you cant really modify the N/A crossmember since the P/S lines and sway bar are in the way(right were you would be placing the exhaust). But I might have also just been to lazy to do it and thats why I didnt cut it up.

Matt
85 GL wagon, EJ-22T, 5MT, KKK K-26, starion FMIC, Walbro 255, RX struts and sways, rear disc, rear LSD, Megasquirt fuel only, JAW 1.3......