individual throttle bodies

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

individual throttle bodies

Post by SILINC3R »

i know they make these for hondas and acuras but what about our cars. since i have decided to stick with N/A on my car these would help out if they made them which im sure they dont but if they do i would for sure get them and show them to everyone
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I've never seen them for sale before, but I have seen a picture of a Legacy that had them.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
tturnpaw
First Gear

Post by tturnpaw »

if you were able to find them, most likely they would charge $1200-1500+ for a kit. If you can tig and you can get either a kit for another 4 cylinder or take a v6 or v8 setup because the throttle linkage is shared between the banks of cylinders. Its expensive either way, and unless you have the cash and want something unique its not worth the 15-20hp.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

well i think it would be cool and i knew they would be expensive, but i would want to buy one already fabed up
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Like I said in the other ITB post WRX TGV's can be modded & turned into ITB's with injector bosses CHEAPLY.

The TGV's bolt right onto Phase II SOHC MAP Subaru motors, MAP sensor can be fed through a barb fitting behind the throttle plate, TPS mount will have to be fabbed.

An adapter plate could probably be made to get TGVs to bot onto a PI motor OR the lower flanges can be cut off & ones with the proper flange pattern can be welded on but the MAF is gonna spoil the open velocity stack fun that the MAP cars can potentially have...
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

:shock: hmmm
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

I saw a picture of a guy that did this, but he used the individual velocity stacks that were produced for the K16? motor that was in the old datsun 510's he just made a cool adapter plate that went between the head and veloc stacks
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

pics by any chance
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

dont have any pics of the datsun subaru set up. but i did find this. the same principles apply just dont put boost to the individual plenums

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta6iJiKbfHg
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=23730
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1175829
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

is that what Frankenstien looks like. so you need a turbo to use it. cause i thought of getting this since i wasnt going to a turbo for help
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

oh yea and thanks for the pics and vids. kind of makes some sense now
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

same principles would apply turbo or not. just put stacks on each oval
Andrew
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

so how much you think it would cost to do this, like seriously.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

well they way their CAD drawings were laid out. looked like they made all that stuff, But something is telling me that they stoled some of the design. To do something like what they had probably looking at 5k 'ish. With a little ingenuity and patience i bet you could fab something 500 bucks er so.
Andrew
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

thehookeup wrote:I saw a picture of a guy that did this, but he used the individual velocity stacks that were produced for the K16? motor that was in the old datsun 510's

L16
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

555BCTurbo wrote:
thehookeup wrote:I saw a picture of a guy that did this, but he used the individual velocity stacks that were produced for the K16? motor that was in the old datsun 510's

L16
thats right, it was starting to bug me, that i couldnt remember
Andrew
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I've seen a set of these for the past few years at Cobb. They've never used them. Maybe I should ask if they want to sell them...
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

DLC wrote:I've seen a set of these for the past few years at Cobb. They've never used them. Maybe I should ask if they want to sell them...
and you are my hero
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP