spring and strut fitment

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

94turbosubi
In Neutral

spring and strut fitment

Post by 94turbosubi »

ok ive been reading thourgh the pages for hours know and my eyes cant take it anymore.ive got a 94 legacy ss. im wondering what spring and struts i should run to drop my car appox 1.5 to 2 inches . and keep it under 1k. preferably around 5oo. thanks guys .
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Where are you located?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

buy KYBs the basic models. cost around 400 at the most and the buy WRX springs 04 model used from NASIOC for like 100 at the most. i think if you want that much however you may need to get the STi springs. the guys may advise against this however.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

nasioc...
02/03 wrx struts w/ front tops

02/03 wrx lowering springs of your choice

under 300

don't get too low
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
94turbosubi
In Neutral

Post by 94turbosubi »

thanks. im just sick of the way the car sits up in the rear like a muscle car would. and the suspension is still good nothings blown and the car only has 53,600 miles on it. but if anyone has anything for sale just let me know. and im located in harrisburg pa 17112.
thanks for all the info and if you could let me know some of the setup you guys are runnig i would really appreciate it.
thanks andy
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
Primeza
In Neutral

Post by Primeza »

I wouldn't recommend much more than an 1" of lowering. Any lower than that and you will be riding on the bump stops which will make for a harsh ride and will probably give you worse performance.

If your struts are good, then you may be able to get away with just springs. But you may want some increased dampening if you are going with a high rate lowering spring.

04 springs will work on the front (with matching spring perches), but not the rear (without changing tophats). STi takeoff springs (04-07) are also going to be tapered in the rear and will not work unless you change to preface (90-91) rear tophats. Changing the tops may also affect your ride height, how I am not certain. But there should be info on a different thread.

If you do go with WRX struts, you should look for wagon specific struts otherwise you will be adding positive camber. So you would need to either use camber bolts or slot the struts to add more negative camber.

After you lower, if you want the fender gap to match you could try a set of GC8 Saggy Butt Spacers. Just keep in mind that taller spacers like 1/2" will require longer studs on the tops.

http://www.camotoy.com/products/saggybutt/index.php

It took me several weeks to plan what I was going to do and a few more weeks on top of that to get all of the parts I needed. Even after all of that my install was delayed by a day to get the correct size washers I needed to complete. The more time you spend to understand what you are getting into, the smoother your installation will go and the better your final results.
92 Legacy TW - 225k and counting
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I have a set of Eibach springs for a GC, if you're interested. I paired them with AGX's and they were too stiff for my daily driving on the crappy roads here, but I'm getting old. They also lowered the car by ~1.5".
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.