throttle body?

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

92legacyss
First Gear

throttle body?

Post by 92legacyss »

Does anyone know how difficult it is to flip the throttle body on the ss, i am trying to fit a wrx top mount . i was also looking at the wrx bypass valve and the recirculat looks like it could be fliped over with a little help from the rotary tool , i am going to see if that works for clearing the throttle cables before i flip the throttle body unless anyone objects.
92 ss 5MT..TD04, 02' Wrx TMIC, XS power Atmos. BOV and Gripforce stage 2 w/ WRX OEM Flywheel, Equal length headder and catless uppipe. Open DP and soon tobe CBE, WRX struts and springs, MBC
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

you're trying to fit a TMIC? what year/model? The 06/07's fit just fine (after some light modding). I've got an extensive writeup for it.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Yes, please do not try and fit an 02-05 top mount.

There are a gazillion posts on why this is bad.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

ya, i bought an 04 TMIC and read later on here that you have to hammer in the firewall, as well as a few other things in order to get it to fit. if i were you id get an 06/07, or i even heard the forester xt ones work pretty well too or some of the saab ICs too
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
All_talk
Third Gear

Post by All_talk »

The early TMIC can be fit without hammering the firewall... my solution was to turn back the throttle body. The engine shown below is a JDM EJ20G but the relative position of the manifold/TB is the same as the stock EJ22T. I turned the TB back on a lathe, but you could probably get it done with a dremel and a flie. It cuts behind the spring pin mount area, right up the air bleed screw. You can see the clearance at the firewall in the second pic. (don’t mind the messy plumbing, it was a temporary install) Also note the relocated BOV for clearance with the IAC and throttle linkage.

Gary
No matter how broke I am... I always seem to find two cents.
92legacyss
First Gear

Post by 92legacyss »

Thanks for all the info,i think i have read through the entire intercooling section of the forum, but my main issue is with the oem wrx bov clearing the throttle linkage , do you think that flipping the resirc on the bov itself would give clearance or no. I do have a 04 TMIC i know it is not the best for this application but it was a gift from a friend and it is just to hold me over until i get my FMIC all sorted out,
Thanks y'all,
-Nick-
92 ss 5MT..TD04, 02' Wrx TMIC, XS power Atmos. BOV and Gripforce stage 2 w/ WRX OEM Flywheel, Equal length headder and catless uppipe. Open DP and soon tobe CBE, WRX struts and springs, MBC