before i pull the motor , will i need a new TOB ?

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

N1446
Second Gear

before i pull the motor , will i need a new TOB ?

Post by N1446 »

Am i safe using the one i have once it is installed correctly ?
>what are the chances the TOB is useless because it was not clicked* / seated properly - in other words it s been spinning freely on the drive line since it s been mated or somthing
it did not CLICK* in place after a DIY attempt i know this now after the fact
it seems odd to me the car operates normally through 12345R though there is vibration on the shifter and the clutch engages\disengages fine w\c lots of power
-
i know somthing is loose because of the ringing and vibrating of the shifter and it sounds like somthing is ringing from inside the housing
N1446 Brutus
91 Legacy SS 5mt 2.5GT Swap
Legacy GT Suspension, 16" Fozzy Wheels, 2.5RS OBX EL Headers, Gutted Mid-Pipe, Subaru Catback c/w AWD BABY !
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

This is on a turo? if it didnt click into place then i dont believe it could work at all since these use a pull type clutch.It may be that the TOB is just bad but i dont understand the shifter shaking.Something is wrong regardless.When you pull it apart just inspect everything carefully for shiny spots and see if you can find the source of the friction.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

it is a turbo with a 2.5 DOHC swap using 22T clutch and flywheel

i read this is the way the clutch is meant to be set before mating the engine to trans

i did not do it this way , i installed the bearing loose on the spindle , though connected to the fork , sorta un-certain as to what is causing the bell like ringing noise
N1446 Brutus
Legacy GT Suspension, 16" Fozzy Wheels, 2.5RS OBX EL Headers, Gutted Mid-Pipe, Subaru Catback c/w AWD BABY !
log1call
Second Gear

Post by log1call »

Bolt's come out and is flying around in there?
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

I dont understand what you mean when you say that the bearing was "loose on the spindle,though connected to the fork" From what i make of that you did it right.

You put the bearing on the shaft,connect the clutch lever to the bearing and then mate the trans to the engine,at which point the bearing snaps into the opening in the clutch cover.If your clutch works at all then you must have done most of this right...Just take it apart already before it explodes lol.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

i made sure the bearing was "locked" in place with the clutch already , then i mated the trans-engine , as i brought the two together i made sure the fork was in the correct posistion though as i further mated the engine to trans its hard to say everything when together properly :?
i didn t search for a procedure
:roll:
N1446 Brutus
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Oh.Your not supposed to snap the bearing into the clutch first.But i dont know what that would do.