My collection at the moment

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Muiretta
First Gear

My collection at the moment

Post by Muiretta »

1991 Legacy L Wagon AWD, !992 LE Turbo Wagon,1986 XT GL-10 Turbo,1997 BMW 328i 4-door
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Nice clean legacy with a good size dent in the rear. Run good? What did you pay for it?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Muiretta
First Gear

Post by Muiretta »

You mean the the turbo?
Well long story....... I picked it up in Rialto close to Pasadena and my GF drove it back all the way to Sacramento. on Friday. It was a 19 hour drive. The car had 4 different tires on it and a clunk in the tranny/rear diff. So. I paid 900.00 for it and about 60.00 in gas to get it hear. Another 160.00 on junkyard Michelin's. Now it needs breaks and a little tlc. I want to get the dent fixed and also find a couple of parts cars too boot. The funny part was on the way back up Pacheco Pass there was a mid 80's V-8 El camino that tried several times to pass my girl in the wagon. Easily the turbo ate it for breakfast. And yesterday, a Pontiac Grand Am V-6 triad to stoplight drag the wagon and after trying to catch me he asked what it was. The really cool part was telling him it was a Subaru and a 4-cyl turbo with 160 HP!
I want to fix her up all the way, it will take a really long time but out here its so darn next to imposible to find a Turbo Wagon I have always wanted one since getting the Blue 91. The turbo will need a new rear hatch and also around the driver side tailight bucket straightened out. Have any ideas on parts for my three Sube's? I would love to atleast get ones for my Legacy'e in a month or two.
1991 Legacy L Wagon AWD, !992 LE Turbo Wagon,1986 XT GL-10 Turbo,1997 BMW 328i 4-door
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Cool but I'd fix said clunking noise before hot rodding it.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Muiretta
First Gear

Post by Muiretta »

Totally! I want to get a lot of things fixed first b-four that.
Like the interior is totally trashed with food stains on the dash and
firewood chips everywhere! I want to do the driveline/breaks soon,and then dents and paint. Hopping it up will be sometime next year. Probably after the blue L is fixed up. The clunking almost sounds like a CV or a tranny mount due to it only doing it on take off or turning. Also, it shimmies a little too. Any ideas?
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Definitely axle I had the same problem! Do a right turn accel and listen if its the passenger front axle, do a left turn accel listen if its the driver side clicking. Probably the passenger side.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Muiretta
First Gear

Post by Muiretta »

Truly a big thanks there!!!!
So what you thinking? Is that LE turbo worth a fixing?
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Ya for sure looks like a easy fix. Go to the scrap yard find a silver legacy wagon preferably so you won't need a repaint and get the bumper, tail, and tail gate and wiper motor assembly, and door trim for the passenger rear door. Then your all good!
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)