Power Window Switches got pushed into door panel...

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

94LegWagon
First Gear

Power Window Switches got pushed into door panel...

Post by 94LegWagon »

So over the last couple of years of owning my car the front passenger and rear drivers side window switches have been pushed through into the door panel. What would be the best way to fix this? Buy new switches and install them or do you think I can salvage the ones that broke? TIA
94 Legacy Wagon N/A 5mt AWD
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

One of mine pushed into the door panel a couple times. The switch was fine, but the cardboard/fiberglass that makes up the door card was in rough shape.

Some 5 minute epoxy and patience with a popcicle stick took care of it. I reshaped and reinforced the door panel in that area.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
94LegWagon
First Gear

Post by 94LegWagon »

Great I think I'll try that thanks for the info :-)
94 Legacy Wagon N/A 5mt AWD
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Had a similar issue where the back of the armrest got crunched by the PO. Reshaped it with fiberglass on the inside. Epoxy alone probably would've done the trick.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Yeah, it was one of those things that I just wanted to try and fix with what I had on hand. I love 5 minute epoxy and it has saved my ass a few times.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
tahiti350
Third Gear

Post by tahiti350 »

My wagon had a crushed armrest also, I elmers glued in the same piece out of a destroyed door panel... still solid 5 years later
'90 Bermuda Blue L Wagon (Wife's),
Auto, AWD, Now with 275K + miles!

2005 Outback, 2.5 AWD (wife's new daily)
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I had one of the tabs break off on the switches that caused this.

I think I ended up buying a new switch assembly because one of them had stopped working.