Ok so i picked up this beast my first subie for 300....

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

HandleWitCare
First Gear

Ok so i picked up this beast my first subie for 300....

Post by HandleWitCare »

So i picked up this beast from my cousin for 300 bucks.. i now have 500 more in it.. Just to get it back to stock well as close as i could get.. To have a fresh start. Heres some back ground.. Its a 91 ss 5MT with 225,xxx It came with a horrible TMIC from a Sabb . just driving it home about 25 miles i coulnd get into boost i just blew the crappy set up apart.. lol.. Thanks cuz :| I had to stop at autozone to get a cheapy coulpler to get home.. lol. When i got home i began the teardown. :-D Getting rid of the crap he had done.. almost.. He cut a huge whold in the hood to make a sheet metal scoop.. lol getto as hell i still got to get that one fixed.. lol :roll: I picked up a 06 TMIC from hear and a turbo outlet.. to hold me over till i get a TD04. it came with the BPV wich i need so its a steal for 5 bucks.. lol :) I replaced the Waterpumps the thermostae the timing belt the intake system.. I still need a inlet elbow. I have duck tape for now. :wink: All new PCV hoses new plugs wires. oil coolant boost?vac lines the car came with a apexi intake cone and maf metal addapter for a after market intake plus a hks 3" down pipe whis i wraped in DEI exhaust wrap and spray.. It also came with some gunmetal 16s of a WRX i just got them wraped in Falken z052s which grip and go very nicely Painted the calipers and changed the brake pads.. Now my stups abs light is on and i bearly have breaks.. WTH? :evil: So whats should i do now? Any ideas? I love the car so far but i think i want a better turbo.. I think mines goin out.. i dont know how to check... But i want a tdo4 so i guess it dont matter anyway.. but i need a few more weeks to get some cash im out for now.. lol all the stupid stuff. anyway... I realy need a Coolaint tank all my nipples broke of and my getto jbweld job is not holding.. IF anyone has one let me know.. and yes this is my first subie.. I figured AWD 5MT Turbo.. for 300 i couldnt go wrong so far im right!!!! :mrgreen:
Justins91ss

Re: Ok so i picked up this beast my first subie for 300....

Post by Justins91ss »

Damn! $300? Hell my phone bill is more then that a month! Good deal to me even if u ot 1500-2k into it.. At least you know what parts are new :) nice find wish i could find a good deal like that
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

Thanks... Yeah i love it.. lol its a huge upgrade from my focus.. :-D!!! Now i might have a actual shot of beating my buddys mr2 well after some upgrades. lol.. That 3sgte is just mean.. but soon very soon.. Any ideas of what i should do first?
Justins91ss

Post by Justins91ss »

Maintenence stuff, to get it running good. OR rebuild it depending on the condition its in.
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

it actualy runs well after the new boch wires. sparkpulgs.. valuve cover gastkets, Watepump, timing belt, belts. quaker state horsepower 10-30 and some marvels.lol,new pcv hose all new boost lines (still hope i T-ed and the right spot for the boost gage :) , just picked up some new falken z052 for the wrx rims..and new gaskest on the downpipe.after all that i finaly get to kinda get on it.. i still have a Abs ISSUE and i need a coolnant tank mine broke along with everyone else. :roll: and a intake elbo the bpv intake pice broke so for now ducktape lol... but i can fell a diff... but no check engine light once it warms up.. so i think im good till i can find one just wont drive hard... :wink: I have my 07 TMIC ready but i dont know where to go from hear... :| PS if anyone has any of these parts please pm :mrgreen:
Andy93ss
In Neutral

Post by Andy93ss »

Nice find! Which part did you duct tape? Im assuming its the air duct to the turbo? If so the ss I bought had the same problem and I used duct tape to fix it. Keep an eye on it, my tape job only made things worse as it ended up leaking unmetered air, running lean and melting my exhaust valves. Get a new one, its worth the $.
93 Legacy Wagon SS stock(for now)
88 Crx HF 1.6L swap 5mt energy suspension kit