How fast is that thing?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rally370
Second Gear

Re: How fast is that thing?

Post by rally370 »

On a down hill section on the Prescott rally in 05 we hit 125mph on the gravel.....fast enough for me.
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

evolutionmovement wrote:That BMW couldn't pull more than a hood on me to that speed, but being fwd with its less power loss and apparently with a ringer for an engine helps.
Also doesn't hurt that a 323 is slow as balls too :lol:
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Obviously not, but it was still a 6 cylinder, about 10 years newer, with larger displacement, a lot less miles (quite doubt he had anywhere near the 160k or so I had at the time), and sold on the myth of Nazi staff car supremacy while the Legacy was regarded as a basic station wagon.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
GClark
First Gear

Post by GClark »

rally370 wrote:On a down hill section on the Prescott rally in 05 we hit 125mph on the gravel.....fast enough for me.

When I was in my friend's rally car and we hit 100+, I thought for sure I was going to die. 100 on dirt is a hell of a lot more scarier then 100 on pavement. And alot more fun. 8)
1994 Legacy Touring Wagon
_Aramchek_
First Gear

Post by _Aramchek_ »

I don't know how accurate the speedometer is, but I've seen it read 138 ish.
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

125MPH on gravel is pretty stable in the Legacy. 90mph + on gravel in the Swift GTI is very scary due to the shorter wheelbase.
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica