What did you do to your Subie today?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: What did you do to your Subie today?

Post by evolutionmovement »

Agreed. Even if they're too lazy to walk it to a corral, they could at least prop it over a curb on an island to keep it from travelling on its own.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Danny-G Thank god parts for these Legacies are cheap as hell, unless you want something JDM as *@%&
But I am almost willing to bet the person that did that was the person that rides the carts at wal-mart, not because they are handicap, because they are a fatass and lazy. Those people should die
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

SILINC3R wrote:lol, oh that :oops:. that was from one of the first CAI i designed. i had a intake funnel connected there to act as a air ram and then i got wiser. thanks for the commnt

on another note i tackeled the shifter linkage. 8) what a piece of cake. despite the age it was really easy but it mght be in part to it being a fwd and a rust free car. no i just need to figure out if i should go OEM or if it is really worth getting kartboy and that other stuff.

broken

think it's rust? nope dirt, yea

supprisingly the big bushing is intake but ill replace it regardless. i cant belive it took me 5 years to do this

May be a stupid question, but what is that huge thing on the left side? I'm ordering all of the parts to switch over to the WRX linkage, and I haven't seen that thing in anyone else's pics/threads
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

Bought some Lucas Oil, changed the oil, and took a trip to the mountains:)
Jesse James

Nintendo Technical Support Representative

Link To Nintendo Technical Support Thread
Ramsey Clark wrote:Who will protect the public when the police violate the law?
1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

Spirited drive. God I've needed that1
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Just got done fixing a small vac. leak. HOLY CRAP that changed things alot haha. I've been having really bad idle problems, and my IAC code is up so I figured that thing was just going whack, but I found a vac line that was nearly busted, it was split i would say a good 7/8ths of the way around it so i'm not sure what caused it to crack.

Does anyone know what this goes to? It sits right in front of the turbo and it is a small "U" piece of vac line, maybe 3 inches long. It goes from the manifold to a "hard" vac line, but I can't really trace it due to light. Just kinda curious what that goes too, but man my car seems to be responding alot better and seems to sound alot better, im guessing because it's not running as lean as it was (or maybe just placebo effect :P)
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Hey Mattheww044 I believe what your reffering to is the most aft bushing that holds it horizontal. this is a piece some people get from Kartboy as they have an aftermarket part that is stiffer. after getting all mystuff put back together i think that piece would make some more improvements to how the shifter fells.

got some parts in

cant wait to install them. the bushing for the shifter were a awesome improvement i can only imagine what these will do.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Hmmm, what are they called? Looks like a motor/tranny mount. So there is one for each side? I don't remember seeing anything like that up there, but I've never had my tranny out or anything so that could be why. Thanks for the help
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

I looked up that part number and it came up as Group N motor mounts....
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

Warning to the squeamish. Skip this post if blood bugs you!

I was trying to figure out why my seat belt light is flashing while driving so I was looking at the passengers side seat belt track cause it seems to be acting weird when I start the car now. Well the shoulder strap thingy got my finger and it hurt like hell. Note to self, keep fingers clear of power seat belt track when the head is moving. It will bite your finger!
Danny
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

Pulled the code P0335 this morning when my car wouldn't start. Hitched it to the Parts store, and bought a new Crankshaft Position Sensor. Now my car starts again:)
Jesse James

Nintendo Technical Support Representative

Link To Nintendo Technical Support Thread
Ramsey Clark wrote:Who will protect the public when the police violate the law?
1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Chased a slipping transmition around a bit to no effect. Fixed a bad Ground. Re-grounded my Boost gauge so it doesnt flicker. Touched up the paint on the Grill. Velcro'd the Wideband Gauge down so it will stop flying off whenever I do a hard pull.
Dave

Post by kimokalihi »

Danny-G wrote: I was trying to figure out why my seat belt light is flashing while driving so I was looking at the passengers side seat belt track cause it seems to be acting weird when I start the car now. Well the shoulder strap thingy got my finger and it hurt like hell. Note to self, keep fingers clear of power seat belt track when the head is moving. It will bite your finger!

Don't let that get infected! You should mix raw unpasteurized honey with organic garlic and put it on the cut and wrap it up with gauze and tape. Not fun when it gets infected, trust me. 9 days ago I was mowing the lawn with my 46" 18.5hp 3 bag riding mower and slid down a hill and pinned my leg between the mower and the fence post and I panicked because my foot was on the tire and it was still trying to drive. In my adrenaline rush I completely forgot how to shut if off and while fumbling with switches the tire ripped my shoe off and tore a huge chunk of skin out of the side and bottom of my foot. I didn't take proper care of it and it became red and swollen and puss was coming out and it's infected now. I read up on it for natural remedies since I don't believe in drugs and shit and made that honey and garlic mixture and have been putting it on my foot all day and the swelling has gone down noticeably and the redness went down a lot and the pain has lessened and my foot is not nearly as stiff.

Your wound is not nearly as bad as mine but still, take care of it. Don't bother with neosporin crap.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

jesus thats a pretty hardcore story there man haha.
I've always had good luck with Neosporin for cuts, etc. But everytime I've tried a home remedy it usually is more effective and cheaper
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I'm not saying neosporin won't work, I'm just saying it's horrible for your body and there's better alternatives.

It was a crazy accident though. It's my lawn mower and I live at my gf's parent's house and I brought it with me when I moved in 3 years ago because their mower broke. I let them use it and I haven't really used it since and really I've only used it a handful of times because I had just bought it the summer before I moved in here. Since then the brake has worn out to the point of not working at all and her dad didn't mention it to me and asked me to finish mowing the other day since he wasn't going to be home in time. That damn thing is dangerous as hell without a brake!

I thought it was just a simple injury that would be healed in no time. I should have taken it more seriously. I went to work and stood on it all night while my foot sweated in my shoe with the band-aid on it and it hurt and got worse. This week I said to hell with that, I'm taking the week off. No sense losing my foot over some hours.

This was taken a couple days ago. It looked much worse today when I woke up but now looks better.

98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

god damn dude..... yea its nice to have brakes on something that consists of you sitting on top of a sharp metal blade spinning very fast underneath you... don't think those are meant to be off roading! Glad your OK though, could have been much worse.

And yea its kinda sad that they put out products that are bad for you like that, but it makes them money so they really dont care...
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

JDM ROOF RACK!!!!!

91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

Dismantled my do it yourself ghetto motorization contraption for my amp rack and laid out a simple hinge instead to allow access to the spare tire. Been taking too long without tunes....
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Pulled off the rear wing for sanding and repainting. Tired of the big grey area delaminating around the little white spots I keep touching up.
Dave

Post by Apex3 »

Put in my o2 sensor, been running without one for a couple months since I got my downpipe in.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

first preface to have WRX 04 foglights. dare i say its also a N/A

glass headlights too
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

Hard wired a triple cigarette lighter, took the green cover off the stock cigarette lighter light, learned that the black around the cigarette lighted is metal, and put a small blacklight in the trunk.
Danny
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

im suprised nobody has anything to say about the WRX fog lights
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

SILINC3R wrote:im suprised nobody has anything to say about the WRX fog lights
Take a pic closer up, in the day time so we can see 'em.

Since I saw you last, I scored some prefacelift jay-dee-em fogs for mine, as I hate to hack up the bumper.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Mike i hate you, just kidding when the heck are you going to be done with the car? ill be taking to the 90 back to GA at the beginning of June unfortunately. you still got that tranny mount by any chance?
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP