seen around Seattle

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

seen around Seattle

Post by SILINC3R »

saw this nice Legacy when i was bike riding around Alki (not sure if that is how it is spelled)
has front mount, supertones, nice rims not sure what, nice exhaust and subaru pots
is this anyone on the board?

Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Very stealth black bumper with black intercooler, I like it.

Those are Rota Grid wheels. They're Volk TE37 knockoffs for a fraction of the price. The Volks are $2,460 on tire rack for a set of 17" wheels that'll fit our cars. For the Rota Grids, same size wheels look very similar it's $650 for the whole set from wheeldude!

Those are the wheels I plan to put on my car one of these days when it's running.

98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

those look good i might think about as well. do you have any idea who's car though
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

lol nope I only know 4 people from seattle and I think one of them might drive a forester but I'm not sure.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Airgne
Second Gear

Post by Airgne »

well that is a sexy ass wagon.
1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t
2001 Legacy Gt Ltd(167awhp&165.7awtq)Best 00-04 Legacy at WCSS11(West Coast Subaru Show)
1992 Legacy SS(Sold)
1991 Legacy L Wagon(Sold)(400,000+miles and running strong!!)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah if they finish painting it that grey color it will look sick.
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

Needs to paint the damn horns. Why would hide your intercooler but let your horns stand out?
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Because they're Hella cool lol. Actually I have those horns and I don't like the sound of them at all. If I wasn't so lazy I'd remove them from my car. Hahaha!
Airgne
Second Gear

Post by Airgne »

i like the sleepr look. the horns take from the FMIC so you dont know what hit you.
1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t
2001 Legacy Gt Ltd(167awhp&165.7awtq)Best 00-04 Legacy at WCSS11(West Coast Subaru Show)
1992 Legacy SS(Sold)
1991 Legacy L Wagon(Sold)(400,000+miles and running strong!!)
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

That is Steve Talbot's EX wagon ( PIA Steve)
It has a ver 2/3 STI swap
I think I met the owner once.

But he is not on the board much.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

kimo, I sent you a PM.
'94 TW
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I like the grill. I've wanted to do something similar to that.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

thats my dad's old wagon like drew was saying. the car i got my first speeding ticket in :lol:

kimo- those are actual volk te-37's. the wheels on my red leggy are the rota knock offs.

he is going to paint it all grey again, he got in a little fender bender and while we were fixing it we added a few upgrades (fmic, supertones, etc)
Legacy777 wrote:I like the grill. I've wanted to do something similar to that.
i made that grill, its really simple to do. just takes alot of time sanding it all smooth. it's the second version of those grills i've made and i almost kept it to put on my car because it turned out way better than the first version thats currently on my car lol
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Cool. I've got a spare grill for working with, but I've just been sitting on it, because I've got everyting else I'm doing. I may mess with it during the winter. I will hopefully not have any projects this winter :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
luksicman1
In Neutral

Re: seen around Seattle

Post by luksicman1 »

hahha this is my car now :) and to whoever was hating on my rims.... they are volks sorry... I could take a picture of the rays sticker on the inside of each one if you'd like.... And the front has been repainted the same, I am going to make a custom hood with a sick early version sti hood scoop or a bg5 scoop... but that's not my main concern as compared to my leaky cam seals that came with the car haha and running rich, going to get that fixed, get a tune, and have been talking to Rob about getting his tune.. Trying to talk to PIA of Tacoma WA for more info, not easy to get ahold of the owner of the shop who was the original owner of the car and mechanic who did the work as well.. He was a master mechanic for Subaru for 25 years before opening his own custom shop for swaps and builds.. after the tune and overall revamp I am going to focus on the suspension and really making it beefier, stiffer but still comfy and the same ride height, thinking sti springs instead of my legacy springs on my kyb agx's and 1 in. spacers to compensate, with much bigger sway bars and not rubber end links of course and thinking of subframe brace, or other things I can do to reallly limit the body lean of these wagons.... anybody with suggestions please help... I'll have a build thread soon when I really get into it..
luksicman1
In Neutral

Post by luksicman1 »

oh yeah and this 1990 legacy lsti has a full ej20g swap, with the stock 16g on stock psi, (13.34 max) 10 avg. it said on the subaru engine info.. looking to go with a Robtuned chip and an electronic boost controller, once I fix everything of course, and probably 565 cc jdm pink injectors instead of my 480cc yellow jdm, have a sick 3 in. custom exhaust with a vibrant muffler and vibrant resonator, just put a new 06 sti cat in, and the new hood once a construct it for the even hotter engine that will be coming... but it will be hopefully above 300 hp and tq. to the wheels at 18psi, I am running 250 hp and 230 tq right now.. only good things to come from here!!! oh and I just got my new plates in cali, legally haaaa
;)
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Lots of big plans. Look forward to the build thread. I looked at buying this car a few years ago.
You don't have to be sorry for having Volk wheels on your car (I think).
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

luksicman1 wrote:hahha this is my car now :) and to whoever was hating on my rims.... they are volks sorry... I could take a picture of the rays sticker on the inside of each one if you'd like.... And the front has been repainted the same, I am going to make a custom hood with a sick early version sti hood scoop or a bg5 scoop... but that's not my main concern as compared to my leaky cam seals that came with the car haha and running rich, going to get that fixed, get a tune, and have been talking to Rob about getting his tune.. Trying to talk to PIA of Tacoma WA for more info, not easy to get ahold of the owner of the shop who was the original owner of the car and mechanic who did the work as well.. He was a master mechanic for Subaru for 25 years before opening his own custom shop for swaps and builds.. after the tune and overall revamp I am going to focus on the suspension and really making it beefier, stiffer but still comfy and the same ride height, thinking sti springs instead of my legacy springs on my kyb agx's and 1 in. spacers to compensate, with much bigger sway bars and not rubber end links of course and thinking of subframe brace, or other things I can do to reallly limit the body lean of these wagons.... anybody with suggestions please help... I'll have a build thread soon when I really get into it..
That's me you're referring to and I wasn't hating on your rims. I was just saying I think they're Rotas since they are missing the usual volk stickers on the spokes. I have Rotas on my car as well, not a bad thing.
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

This the same wagon? Picture isn't mine, its CJ's.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

yes that is but, Rachel owned prior to luksicman 1. I talked to you on NASIOC when i posted a few similar pictures.
oh and luksicman 1 thanks for bringing this thread back from the dead lol. congrates on the purchase. needs some upto date pics if you can though. This car was myth until now.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
luksicman1
In Neutral

Post by luksicman1 »

kimokalihi wrote:
luksicman1 wrote:hahha this is my car now :) and to whoever was hating on my rims.... they are volks sorry... I could take a picture of the rays sticker on the inside of each one if you'd like.... And the front has been repainted the same, I am going to make a custom hood with a sick early version sti hood scoop or a bg5 scoop... but that's not my main concern as compared to my leaky cam seals that came with the car haha and running rich, going to get that fixed, get a tune, and have been talking to Rob about getting his tune.. Trying to talk to PIA of Tacoma WA for more info, not easy to get ahold of the owner of the shop who was the original owner of the car and mechanic who did the work as well.. He was a master mechanic for Subaru for 25 years before opening his own custom shop for swaps and builds.. after the tune and overall revamp I am going to focus on the suspension and really making it beefier, stiffer but still comfy and the same ride height, thinking sti springs instead of my legacy springs on my kyb agx's and 1 in. spacers to compensate, with much bigger sway bars and not rubber end links of course and thinking of subframe brace, or other things I can do to reallly limit the body lean of these wagons.... anybody with suggestions please help... I'll have a build thread soon when I really get into it..
That's me you're referring to and I wasn't hating on your rims. I was just saying I think they're Rotas since they are missing the usual volk stickers on the spokes. I have Rotas on my car as well, not a bad thing.
for sure man... no worries at all haha I know rotas aren't bad at all, I'm thinking of getting some rota 17s when I switch to brembo just for something easier and cheaper to get ahold of you know...
and I got mad respect for you kimohalihi.... I am only 19, have owned an m3 and an s2000, learned how to drive stick on my m3, very quickly and I pick up stuff about cars just as quick, one of my best friends is a Wyotuner and knows more than most middle aged mechanics out there, but he doesn't know subies at all...(he's got a 95 5.0 mustang with 225 hp and 285tq. tho,dynod and did all mods himself, including headers with no pneumatic tools in one day by himself with no lift.. haaa he's a beast basically) so that's what I'm trying to do now, was at my custom subie shop all summer workin on my car trying to get it to pass smog, watching them take apart engines and strip down cars was amazing and learning about turbos and just all the amazing things about our cars that we take for granted on a day to day basis.. that's including the retarded ricers out there, some of which are now getting their hands on sti's and what not but oh well I dont have time to hate or care about them.. anyways to sum this all up, I wish I could do everything on my car like yourself,minus tranny work of course, but eventually including tuning I hope at least, If I had the time, or tools I would, I am hoping to acquire the tools slowly and the knowledge of course, with the help of this site, and people like yourself, right now I'm trying to figure out how to cut and graft a hood scoop into a 1990 hood since they didn't even make a turbo hood for my year at all(no intercooler so none needed i guess they thought) so I am in the process of goin to pick n pulls right now before anything or craigslist looking for a 1990 legacy hood and then I was thinking a ver 3-5 impreza jdm sti hood scoop or a bg5 95-99 hood scoop which is sleaker and less noticeable but might not do the cooling down I need(MikeyMiyagi has a custom hood like this which was what I was thinking and looks very nice but might not be enough air flow for my turbo build plans of the future and the 100-110 degree heat of the nor cal summers where I'm at....
so to silencers request, not much has changed now since the pic that was posted at the subie event, with my lsti on the xxr's, and now, except sticker removal and it's been changed back to the volks.. but I will post a pic soon when I get my hood started and what that looks like, I want to fully bondo mold the scoop into the hood and paint it to make it look official, I have a guy to do paint anytime of the day...so I'm not worried, will post a pic and maybe start my thread when I start this process soon, school is really kickin my ass right now, anatomy is a bitchh, but I will start it soon definitely and many pics will come, along with all my suspension mods and the stance of the car after... anybody who has any advice on the hood message me please, or anybody with suggestions for suspension mods of what they've done to their legacy wagons...i'm trying to go still comfy but almost rally stiff at the same time..

sorry for writing so much all the time...
I got a lot to say I guess haa, wish
I had someone to teach me more though!
my shop just closed here in town..
and they young guy who owned it had an
06 sti fully built at 380 hp to the wheels
running low 12s and he did every aspect
of the build himself, from engine, to suspension,
wiring and tuning... he's a genius with subies,
self taught pretty much, and now he's gone :(
just my luck right when I finally get my dream car..
oh well this site does seem like it will help..
luksicman1
In Neutral

Post by luksicman1 »

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Thanks. Its been a journey.

For the hood you need to either weld in a different scoop or cut out a hole and mount a wrx scoop like mine. If you try to bondo a scoop to the hood the body filler will eventually crack from the hood flexing and look like ass.
luksicman1
In Neutral

Post by luksicman1 »

oh damn really? I was wondering about that with all the wind that's going to be getting caught by and passing through the scoop what it would do to the bondo, so if i was to weld how do I go about that? I'd have to plastic weld it right? cuz I want one to really be in there and be flush instead of just sitting on top of the hood ya know?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

If you're going to weld you'd need to get a hood and cut out the area around the scoop and weld that whole piece in. Someone on here did it I think with a newer legacy hood.

You can also carefully cut out a hole though the hood so the hood scoop will fit perfectly in and sit flush. This has been done as well and looks pretty good. Probably your best bet.