658 turbo cars? ( Laughing)

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Phil - what kind of Maserati? I was talking the new ones. I have a restoration shop two blocks up that has some real weird-ass stuff. Citroen DS, 2 Lancia Flaminias, Lloyd, Fiat 500, Fiat Topolino, a Beetle with no rear window, and 2 of some rear-engined air-cooled BMW I can't ID that looks vaguely like some kind of NSU or a Hillman with no grille. There's also been assorted Porsches and other more common Etceterini.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

The rear engine BMW was a 700?

Powered by a Boxer engine :)

New Maserati, definately. Looks about the size of Z4. I really know zilch about Maserati's except that this is the first one I've ever seen on the road.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Yea, but those wealthy people cars tend to trickle down to the masses. not the supercars, they're unusual and valuable all their lives, but the 3 series bmws, e class mercedes, es lexuses, etc glut the roads around here. I'd put the turbo legacy a quarter notch below those things on the grand scale of things.

I've seen several maseratis, usually that 4 door v8 model. Meh.

"myt maserati goes 185, i lost my liscense, so now i dont drive"
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Funny thing is, I don't know what Maserati he was singing about as none at the time would do 185. The four door is, get this, the Quattroporte.

Phil - that's it! I had a thought that it may be boxer, too, but I didn't get out to check it out. The new Maseratis (ironically now controlled by Ferrari and sporting a detuned version of their next V8) are the coupe and spyder. Not quite as poetic as Mistral, Kyalami, or Merak.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

hehe, the V(coolsmile) :)

This is definately a Spyder, probably in the upper 90,000 range?

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Funny, I meant to put V* and end the parenthesis. Yeah, they're around 90k. Sopranos had one this last season as Johnny Sacrimone bought one.

Shit one of the Porsches under cover at the restoration shop looks like a spider America! I think they made like 50 of those.

Steve
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

V* or V8? 8 + ) = 8) (coolsmilie)

You know what you have to do, Steve. Steal that porsche...

Spud-GT
First Gear

Post by Spud-GT »

Here in Colorado there are a grip load of em. I've seen about 12 on the road from here in Colorado Springs up to Boulder. I also found another black 5spd on the highway up in Boulder.
93 SS 5MT
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I've seen one first generation subaru legacy in Nebraska in the 13 yrs that i lived there and it was n/a
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
dirty kru
In Neutral

Post by dirty kru »

i see at least 50 a day here in new zealand :)
they are extremely common :D
Legacytuner
First Gear

Post by Legacytuner »

I have the only sedan in my area, there is one 94 burgundy wagon that i see an older lady driving often. When i lived in Duluth,MN there were a shit load, i would see at least three or four a day just going to and from work, the pick-n-pull had a couple which were pretty raped, these cars are pretty area specific, it seems like there are certain areas/citys have a good concentration of the "survivors". I wish there was a way to research which subaru dealerships sold the most turbo legacys.
Proud owner of a 1991 Silver 5MT
Gold wrx wheels,Straight Exhaust, DNA Boost Controler 12 Psi, Ngk's, De-Snorked, Carbon fiber hood scoop in the werks
1991 White 5MT(Sold to Friend), AKA BINFORD

"KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SUBARU"
dirty kru
In Neutral

Post by dirty kru »

not all turbos but a good number arre

http://www.trademe.co.nz/mcat-0001-0268 ... ce_asc.htm
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

shit.. i wanna take a trip down under! 'Should go just to have the joy of seeing all the cool legacies! (liberties?)
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

that tears it, im moving!!!! :twisted:
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

There is an identical one in DC and I saw one in Portland, OE. Its kinda nice being the one of a select few cars :o
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

You're in DC, Subaru_Nation555?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
dwreck30
Second Gear

Post by dwreck30 »

I have seen 4 (only one being a 5 speed) others from my city and 1 from sandpoint(50 miles north). So six from my area. I agree with whoever said these cars are area specific, because all of the areas that people said that hey have seen the most have longer and harder winters. Also, whoever said that All-tracs are rarer I agree. There is one here that just sits behind a shop. I am saving money for that one.
- Derek
'06 STi
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

vrg3, well I live in Arlington, VA which is practically DC
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Oh, cool! You, I, and Phil should meet up sometime (Phil's in Gaithersburg and I'm occasionally in McLean).
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

:(
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

:(?

Should I have included Williamsport?
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

I agree, its hard to find other Subaru enthusiasts around here
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon