Power window dreams...

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Brat4by4
Stratified

Power window dreams...

Post by Brat4by4 »

:idea: Is it possible to put the one-touch automatic up button on the other window controls? I would only want them on the driver's door control, but that would be the coolest thing... just pop all four and watch them go all the way up or down. I don't know how the actual mechanism works on the one-touch button, but if someone could enlighten me :D .

I have been wondering about this since the first day I got the car. Hopefully someone has tried this by now.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

The window switch pack on the driver's door is all one unit.. I don't think you'd be able to modify the other switches to work the same as the driver's window.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The way the one-touch thing works is it uses some form of electrical load sensing device, and when the electrical load starts building up, it clicks off. Or at least that's how it was explained to me.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

They make moduals for adding power window controls to your alarm system in your car. For eaxample, you'd like your windows to roll up when you arm the system. Clifford makes a unit that would make all window switches work as one touch. They were expesive from what I recall and one unit only did 2 windows.

Look here http://clifford.com/g5/access/default.asp#smartwindows

They are designed to work with alarms or a negative trigger but you can hook them up without an alarm and they will still fuction for what you want.

Mike
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

A timer circuit could work, most power window systems have a safety (similar to the turn signal blinker) that will turn off if it runs too long. You could have a timer that runs the window for the maximum amount of time it would take to roll up (engine off, headlights on).
jonehogg
In Neutral

Post by jonehogg »

The PW motor draws quite a bit of current.Like Suman said it could be the battery if it is old.Or check the HL relay & change it if you must.
[url=http://www.r4-ds-kort.dk]buy r4i[/url]
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

i did this to my 91 n/a 5MT back in 96. but i did it by putting automatic windows up and down on my alarm. (like mercedes) which made it so the drivers controls were all one touch. also had remote start, proximity sensors, and i had motors put in so all the doors would lock and unlock from the alarm control.