WTB: Compressor relay for 92 Legacy w/ air suspension

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
redlineracer
First Gear

WTB: Compressor relay for 92 Legacy w/ air suspension

Post by redlineracer »

Looking for a new or used compressor relay to make the bags in my car go up cause my other one is bad and I need a repalcement. The Subaru dealer here told me that it wuld be $58 for that little relay. Anyone have a spare? Here is what the relay looks like:

[img][img]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/ra ... iagram.jpg[/img][/img]
-1992 Legacy AWD Wagon-

"Leave it up to a Subaru to pull your friend with a Ford out of the mud when he gets stuck!"

Total Pullouts out of the mud or sand:
Subaru - 0 * Ford - 14 * Chevy - 2 * Dodge - 3
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Why can't you just get a regular relay?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Can you post pictures of the actual relay? I've got bags of them laying around, and Subaru only used a few relay designs, chances are I'll have one for you. Show us the relay and the contacts...
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

This is the pic of the compressor relay. This one is located on the top side of the driver side firewall. It comes with a rubber cover boot on it to protect it from the elements. It has two clips on both sides to hold it on but mines I took both of them off.
I also need these which are a 45 amp fusible links in a red case. I can use a few of these.
I can also use a few of the green fusible links also that are 30 amp. These fusible relays go in the relay center under the hood by the battery.
-1992 Legacy AWD Wagon-

"Leave it up to a Subaru to pull your friend with a Ford out of the mud when he gets stuck!"

Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

show me where it's at, and make me a fair offer and I can send you whatever you need for your air suspension. My wagon HAD air suspension on it, but no longer. it was replaced with standard suspension two years ago. Practically everything air ride components were left on it.
1992 Legacy LS Special Wagon..
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

I'll check for the relay.

The fusible link can be had at any auto parts store, they are a universal fit. Cost about $3 each.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

The relay sat between the driver side strut tower and the firewall. In that little gap. If you have this relay I'll pay you $15 for the relay with shipping. The relay needs to have the letters and numbers : 4L19 stamped in black on the white part.
-1992 Legacy AWD Wagon-

Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

mine says 5L31 on it... 92 Legacy Wagon LS Special according to vin.

Has the same pin arrangement.. Not sure what the number difference is for..
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

Well I can always try it. But I'll take it. Do you have Paypal? Whats ur email address?
-1992 Legacy AWD Wagon-

Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

redline just curious if you got that relay I sent you and if you've had a chance to check it out.
jp233
Second Gear

Post by jp233 »

sorry i did not notice this earlier, i have one of those relays also. if buffman's doesnt work let me know.

although mine is a 94 N/A wagon that was previously air ride, and the print is faded but that relay looks like it has "1N 22" on it. anyways if you need it, you can have it for shipping ($1-2)
12 Outback 3.6R Limited
94 Leg LS wag AWD, sold
93 Leg L wag FWD, sold
06 LGT 5EAT, project